Computer has trouble giving monitor signal and various other things

damian preece

The computer itself will turn on. my RGB lights and stuff go off fans are turning can hear that the system is working. but sometimes when i turn off the computer it has trouble connecting back to the monitor and giving power to my keyboard/mouse/wireless headset adapter. I know that the headset adapter isnt getting power either because it has a little light to let me know. Its odd to me because something like this I would think would be something thats "there until fixed" meaning it wont go away and pop back up. but with me it seems that never on like the first 5 boots it wants to give power and signal to the monitor but after around 10 times of turning the computer on and off it decides to give power to everything. Note that there isn't a set number on when it finally gives power and signal but its usually after 5 times atleast. my PC is a pre-build by ibuypower and i still have my warranty if anyone thinks its a defective part.

32 minutes ago, damian preece said:

The computer itself will turn on. my RGB lights and stuff go off fans are turning can hear that the system is working. but sometimes when i turn off the computer it has trouble connecting back to the monitor and giving power to my keyboard/mouse/wireless headset adapter. I know that the headset adapter isnt getting power either because it has a little light to let me know. Its odd to me because something like this I would think would be something thats "there until fixed" meaning it wont go away and pop back up. but with me it seems that never on like the first 5 boots it wants to give power and signal to the monitor but after around 10 times of turning the computer on and off it decides to give power to everything. Note that there isn't a set number on when it finally gives power and signal but its usually after 5 times atleast. my PC is a pre-build by ibuypower and i still have my warranty if anyone thinks its a defective part.

Howdy and welcome :)

Did it always do this since it was built or is this new? If new, was anything done to the machine before it started doing this?

knowing what the machine is could really help.  If it’s a homebuilt what parts were used?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, damian preece said:

my PC is a pre-build by ibuypower

Could you list the license number?
EDIT* The computer model number* NOT the Windows License number if it is on the case.

Edited by MewMew
Misuse of a word.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。