Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my MSI z370 Pro
Died after i connected a used bought SilverStone PSU (750 Watt) Silver rating (I know i made a biggest problem buying a used psu)

the Guy wont agree to return the psu nor agree that his psu is faulty ... so short story he was a scammer

as soon as i connected the psu my sades k14 keyboard had a spark and it died
and no smell or anything on my mobo.
i took to like 5 repairing shops and they all even refuse to see whats the problem in it and says no one here in country fix mobos just go buy a new one

i saw this video on youtube and figure out the chip near my gpu slots is heating up which is making the mobo wont turn on .

if anyone can help further or is it no use its a trash item ?

https://ibb.co/YZWj6Mc

https://ibb.co/LN88qzg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 6.54.36 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 6.54.36 AM.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is the board?

Might want to try checking with a multimeter if you can.

If it sparked... well.

Failure is the seasoning of success so if this is a mishap now you know not  to do it again.

11 minutes ago, LoneRangerQ8 said:

the Guy wont agree to return the psu nor agree that his psu is faulty ... so short story he was a scammer

as soon as i connected the psu my sades k14 keyboard had a spark and it died

 

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you have the skills, tools, and patience to reflow and solder a new chip, plus (probably) some related capacitors and resistors, then it's dead. 

Always remember the 80/80 rule of project management. That is, the first 80% of the project takes 80% of the time, and the last 20% of the project takes the other 80% of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i checked online the chip thts been heating up is the Audio boost .

can i simply remove the chip will it work without it ?

i dont have a multimeter 
and the board is old like a year and half ..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd ask on a few platforms, not just this one.

14 minutes ago, LoneRangerQ8 said:

can i simply remove the chip will it work without it ?

 

The last time i received a spark, it was from air temp + static on my hand while i touched the side of a case (motherboard side). This however dispersed the static discharge throughout the case instead of interacting with my board.

If you received a spark out into your keyboard it means, (i could be wrong, so someone correct me if i am) the voltage went right through your motherboard and fried it.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this sounds generic but since you're at the end of your rope here:

Maybe take a video with your phone describing the issues in detail.

My assumption is that you'll have to learn from this experience the hard way.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×