Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screws that came with motherboard seem too small for my WD_BLACK SN750 Heatsink.

Title says it all. Anyone else know this problem and suggest where I can get the right screw? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The heatsink shouldn't have anything to do with it. The screw holds the PCB of the drive against the standoff, it shouldn't touch the heatsink. 

 

Picture would probably help explain what you mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The heatsink shouldn't have anything to do with it. The screw holds the PCB of the drive against the standoff, it shouldn't touch the heatsink. 

 

Picture would probably help explain what you mean.

https://imgur.com/a/DOZIhYS

https://imgur.com/a/cXL0UTZ

 

Whats happening basically for me is that the screw really can't reach the hole. Or it can but it won't screw in. I'm sorry if I'm doing something stupid I'm new to PC building. Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bigshotinred said:

https://imgur.com/a/DOZIhYS

https://imgur.com/a/cXL0UTZ

 

Whats happening basically for me is that the screw really can't reach the hole. Or it can but it won't screw in. I'm sorry if I'm doing something stupid I'm new to PC building. Thank you

It looks like there should be enough room for the screw to clear the heatsink, are you sure you are trying to use the correct screw? It should be a very small one. It would help if you pictured the screw that you are trying to use, preferably when you are trying to screw it in so we can see if it is the correct screw. 

 

Welcome to the forum! When you are replying to someone, don't forget to either quote them using the Quote button below their post, or tagging them with the @ symbol followed by their username, like @Bigshotinred. This way they can get notified that someone responded to their post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The_russian said:

It looks like there should be enough room for the screw to clear the heatsink, are you sure you are trying to use the correct screw? It should be a very small one. It would help if you pictured the screw that you are trying to use, preferably when you are trying to screw it in so we can see if it is the correct screw. 

 

Welcome to the forum! When you are replying to someone, don't forget to either quote them using the Quote button below their post, or tagging them with the @ symbol followed by their username, like @Bigshotinred. This way they can get notified that someone responded to their post. 

https://imgur.com/a/smNTIpr

 

@The_russian This is what came with the board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The screw should have come in a little baggie with the motherboard contents. Check the box.

 

edit: That is the screw. The M.2 drive should be under the head and the drive flat and even across the mainboard.

M.2 screw misplacement.png

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Screwed_together!.thumb.png.26cfa0580c05182eb6d9514023657556.png

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a thumb screw. The M.2 drive PCB should be flat to the botton. The screw head on top of the pcb of the drive and the tall part is the thumb finger grip. We call it a thumb screw basically. No tool needed.

 

You can see the M.2 drive on an angle in the first pic I posted above.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's a thumb screw. The M.2 drive PCB should be flat to the botton. The screw head on top of the pcb of the drive and the tall part is the thumb finger grip. We call it a thumb screw basically. No tool needed.

 

You can see the M.2 drive on an angle in the first pic I posted above.

@The_russian @ShrimpBrime @spartaman64 I see. Thank you guys. I’m sorry about wasting your time there i’m still learning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome :)

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×