Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screwdriver set for 3080 waterblock

I preordered a 3080 tuf waterblock from ekwb and I plan on buying some screwdrivers or screwdriver set for it. IFIXIT has a 64 bit driver set for $35 but I'd rather spend somewhere in the $10-20 range. Here's a link to the install manual which has the screws it uses. If you could link a good driver set for those screws then that would be great

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109832608.pdf

53 minutes ago, Fungal said:

I preordered a 3080 tuf waterblock from ekwb and I plan on buying some screwdrivers or screwdriver set for it. IFIXIT has a 64 bit driver set for $35 but I'd rather spend somewhere in the $10-20 range. Here's a link to the install manual which has the screws it uses. If you could link a good driver set for those screws then that would be great

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109832608.pdf

I vaguely recall GN selling a screwdriver set made specifically for GPUs and I’ve watched the dude take apart a few GPUs with it.  I dunno if the TUF was one of em or not.  Last I head it was back ordered too though.   GN is at least more or less guaranteed to get them back in stock.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

37 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I vaguely recall GN selling a screwdriver set made specifically for GPUs and I’ve watched the dude take apart a few GPUs with it.  I dunno if the TUF was one of em or not.  Last I head it was back ordered too though.   GN is at least more or less guaranteed to get them back in stock.

Looks like it's $50 and also on back order til january

Even being more expensive, I say get the ifixit set. 

I have tried a few others and the bits wear quickly. The ifixit kit is amazing and haven't needed to buy any bits or anything else since then. 

There are bits only kits that are cheap.  They tend to have very low quality bits though.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are bits only kits that are cheap.  They tend to have very low quality bits though.

Think i'm just gonna go with the ifixit 64 bit kit. Should be set for many years