Does the Nvme drive have dram on it?

BlazerBuddy

according to Amazon Q&A for the drive it does. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

That has dram in the picture.

But really dram doesn't make that big of a difference for nvme drive, don't just look at dram to see if a drive is good. There are many very good dramless drives like the sn550.

25 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

according to Amazon Q&A for the drive it does. 

25 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

That has dram in the picture.

But really dram doesn't make that big of a difference for nvme drive, don't just look at dram to see if a drive is good. There are many very good dramless drives like the sn550.

Okay Thx! I heard that dramless nvme drives are basically as slow as and hdds so I wanted to know. I currently have this drive in my system for my small games that don’t take to much space. My last question is, how do you know it has dram? @Electronics Wizardy I am reading the picture, and I see the dram on the right, and two things on the left. One says Kingston, and one says Python, which one is the dram?

8 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Okay Thx! I heard that dramless nvme drives are basically as slow as and hdds so I wanted to know. I currently have this drive in my system for my small games that don’t take to much space. My last question is, how do you know it has dram? @Electronics Wizardy I am reading the picture, and I see the dram on the right, and two things on the left. One says Kingston, and one says Python, which one is the dram?

dramless ssd aare farm from as slow as hdds in most uses. Therea re some edge cases, but bootup and responsiveness is much better than any hdd. I have >10 dramless ssds deployed in desktop with no issues or performance problems.

ANd nvme makes dram much less of a factor than with sata drives.

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

dramless ssd aare farm from as slow as hdds in most uses. Therea re some edge cases, but bootup and responsiveness is much better than any hdd. I have >10 dramless ssds deployed in desktop with no issues or performance problems.

ANd nvme makes dram much less of a factor than with sata drives.

Thank you, but can you answer my question on how you found it had dram?🙂🙂

26 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Thank you, but can you answer my question on how you found it had dram?🙂🙂

When you look at the back you can see the small black chip next to the m.2 connector. Thats dram. The big black chips are nand, and the one metal chips is the controller.

41 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

When you look at the back you can see the small black chip next to the m.2 connector. Thats dram. The big black chips are nand, and the one metal chips is the controller.

Thank You!

• 3 weeks later...

go to pcpartpicker.com and search for ssd's and it will list all nvme and sata 3 ssds identified with and without dram.  Usually dramless ssds are cheaper.