Best headphones with a detachable cable for under $100 USD?

PatrikStar24

I'm coming from Status Audio CB-1 closed back headphones, and they recently broke (right speaker hanging by a wire, technically still works as of this writing). One of the main things I liked about it, and what helped it to last so long (just over 2 years), is that you could detach the cable from the headphones if you wanted to transport them outside your home.

Any recommendations?

Mayonnaise is an instrument!  

Current Build - Ryzen 7 3800x (eco mode enabled), MSI B550M MAG Mortar, G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) 3200 14-14-14-34, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, EVGA G2 550W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

what kind of music do you listen to?

what do you want more or less of coming form the cb1?

13 minutes ago, rice guru said:

what kind of music do you listen to?

Chiptunes; the tunes I listen to are typically composed on 8-bit machines such as the NES and Commodore 64, so the resulting sound almost all bass and treble w/ basically no mids. Sometimes I'll listen to tunes that used FM Synthesis (ie Sega Genesis/MegaDrive) which is more rounded out toward the lower mids (depending on the game). On the other hand...

Heavy Metal; I typically stay within 5 genres and subgenres of Heavy Metal. Those being Thrash Metal (early Metallica, Slayer, et al), NWOBHM (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, et al), Doom Metal (Black Sabbath and the many bands inspired by them such as Pentagram, Candlemass, and more), Funeral Doom (basically Doom Metal mixed with Death Metal growls), and any metal genre that can implement operatic vocals into the mix (ie Epic Doom Metal).

Without going into great detail as to what the average sound of the above genres/bands sound like, I want it to be as versatile as possible given my budget.

13 minutes ago, rice guru said:

what do you want more or less of coming form the cb1?

As big of a soundstage as one can get with closed-back headphones. Open-back headphones are not an option between noisy siblings and fans running 24/7 to keep me cool in the heat.

Mayonnaise is an instrument!  

Current Build - Ryzen 7 3800x (eco mode enabled), MSI B550M MAG Mortar, G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) 3200 14-14-14-34, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, EVGA G2 550W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

1 minute ago, PatrikStar24 said:

Chiptunes; the tunes I listen to are typically composed on 8-bit machines such as the NES and Commodore 64, so the resulting sound almost all bass and treble w/ basically no mids. Sometimes I'll listen to tunes that used FM Synthesis (ie Sega Genesis/MegaDrive) which is more rounded out toward the lower mids (depending on the game). On the other hand...

Heavy Metal; I typically stay within 5 genres and subgenres of Heavy Metal. Those being Thrash Metal (early Metallica, Slayer, et al), NWOBHM (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, et al), Doom Metal (Black Sabbath and the many bands inspired by them such as Pentagram, Candlemass, and more), Funeral Doom (basically Doom Metal mixed with Death Metal growls), and any metal genre that can implement operatic vocals into the mix (ie Epic Doom Metal).

Without going into great detail as to what the average sound of the above genres/bands sound like, I want it to be as versatile as possible given my budget.

As big of a soundstage as one can get with closed-back headphones. Open-back headphones are not an option between noisy siblings and fans running 24/7 to keep me cool in the heat.

the widest soundstage I cant hink of at this price range tthat are fairly neutral are the takstar pro 82's and sivga sv006. I dont listen to those genres so I dont exactly know how they will hold up but considering you seemd to like the cb1 both should fit fine sound signature wise.