Upgrading my old system to an gaming/workstation

Budget (including currency): 8 000 SEK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Counter Strike, League of Legends, Call of duty, World of Warcraft

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i5 4760k, 1070, H80i, DDR3 16gb Vengeance, Z87, I’d like to be able to fit the new rig into a Nzxt H510i.

i’m looking to upgrade this winter or the beginning of next year.

I’d like to run the games at 1440p with at least 144hz at high settings, I’m thinking about trippel monitor setup but using the other ones as secondary for discord and YouTube, in the future use all screens for more demanding workloads (I’m transpiring audit).

In addition I’d want to keep the build aesthetic, thinking about making a black and white theme with cord extension (never done a proper one, so all tips about extension and where to buy them are appreciated.

My thoughts were on an B550, R5 3600x as bare minimum upgrades but It’s way above my pay grade to decide.

Thanks for taking your time, a yolly little fellow !

9 minutes ago, Steklund said:

so all tips about extension and where to buy them are appreciated.

cable mod

can get cables for your psu

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

10 hours ago, Steklund said:

My thoughts were on an B550, R5 3600x as bare minimum upgrades but It’s way above my pay grade to decide.

i'd wait for the 5600x

On 10/22/2020 at 12:24 AM, sub68 said:

cable mod

can get cables for your psu

That’s exactly what I’m searching for, I’m sorry if I was unclear. Where can you get em?

22 hours ago, boggy77 said:

i'd wait for the 

22 hours ago, boggy77 said:

i'd wait for the 5600x

When will they release the new gen?