My pair of AD700 just started making weird noises, help !

ElazulTF2

As the title states, I have a pair of amazing AD700 first gen (the ugly purple and gold ones). I have used them for thousands of intense gaming hours, always with great care. I must say I only dropped them like once or twice in many years. Never too hard either. Never had any issues with them apart from some of the fabric on top of the pads falling off, but soundwise it was always perfect.
But today something unexplainable happened, I was playing games without an issue, I removed the headphones and put them on my desk as usual, came back later that day and when I put them on my head, I heard some weird sounds whenever I would touch the cable. Sometimes even lowering the sound or even cutting off the sound from one side. If I do not move at all everything is fine, but it started doing those weird sounds/cracks whenever the cable moves even a little bit. I don't understand why or how, but I am desperate to fix them or if not possible, find a decent replacement.

So here I am, asking advice if you guys know why that happened and if it's somehwat easily fixable ?
Btw the noise it's making sounds the same as when you blow heavily on a microphone. If that helps...

Thanks a bunch if you take your time to read this and help !

Intel i5 4670_MSI Z87-G43_2x4Gb DDR Kingston HyperX Beast_Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC_Corsair Carbide 300R Window_120Gb SSD Samsung Evo_1Tb WD Caviar Black_Corsair CX750 w_BenQ XL2720T_CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo_Razer Blackwidow 2013_Razer Deathadder Black_ATH-AD700 Headphones_ATR2500 Cardoid Microphone

6 minutes ago, ElazulTF2 said:

As the title states, I have a pair of amazing AD700 first gen (the ugly purple and gold ones). I have used them for thousands of intense gaming hours, always with great care. I must say I only dropped them like once or twice in many years. Never too hard either. Never had any issues with them apart from some of the fabric on top of the pads falling off, but soundwise it was always perfect.
But today something unexplainable happened, I was playing games without an issue, I removed the headphones and put them on my desk as usual, came back later that day and when I put them on my head, I heard some weird sounds whenever I would touch the cable. Sometimes even lowering the sound or even cutting off the sound from one side. If I do not move at all everything is fine, but it started doing those weird sounds/cracks whenever the cable moves even a little bit. I don't understand why or how, but I am desperate to fix them or if not possible, find a decent replacement.

So here I am, asking advice if you guys know why that happened and if it's somehwat easily fixable ?
Btw the noise it's making sounds the same as when you blow heavily on a microphone. If that helps...

Thanks a bunch if you take your time to read this and help !

Most likely has something to do with the cable. Try touching the cable at specific spots and see what happens.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Just now, Tigerleon said:

Most likely has something to do with the cable. Try touching the cable at specific spots and see what happens.

Tried that, I'm not 1000% sure but It seems to come from the base connected to the left headphone. But it has a cover on top of it.

Intel i5 4670_MSI Z87-G43_2x4Gb DDR Kingston HyperX Beast_Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC_Corsair Carbide 300R Window_120Gb SSD Samsung Evo_1Tb WD Caviar Black_Corsair CX750 w_BenQ XL2720T_CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo_Razer Blackwidow 2013_Razer Deathadder Black_ATH-AD700 Headphones_ATR2500 Cardoid Microphone

Most likely the cable failing from repeated bending. 

Used to have to replace headphones or cables about once a year when I was still using wired headphones.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Like everyone so far said you cable is failing . Any competent electronics repair shop should be able to fix it for you pretty easily I would also reccomend asking them if they could potentially mod it for you so you had a replaceable cable. As adding a 3.5 mm port isn't very complicated

I see...thanks for your answers, I hope they will be able to help me and it will not affect the sound from my headphones in the end. I have no idea how much that will cost me.