Copyrigh-ting AdoredTV

TheLibrarian
Just now, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

my reply to him was the least most rude thing i've tweeted, i even provided evidence as to why he was wrong, i don't know how correcting someone and updating them about the new information is unnecessary. but i digress, that's irrelevant to the discussion.   

He would have known that regardless,especially since Linus's word gets far and wide in the enthusiast community.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

YT did the right thing for once? Well color me outraged! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get that they're pissed (adoredwhatever) and I get why they want the drama, though imo they should learn from their mistakes instead and maybe next time ask for permission... But that's not how the yt/drama business works I suppose.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

But that's not how the yt/drama business works I suppose.

There are guidelines in creating drama?

Its not uniform, whatever sells.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

though imo they should learn from their mistakes instead

I doubt it, the matter is juvenile, grade school antics.

7 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

doubt it, the matter is juvenile, grade school antics.

Nah, this is about money, it brings them the clicks / views simply... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

Nah, this is about money, this brings them the clicks simply... 

So you think they will change their ways and act as grownups?

We both agree they wont and continue on getting clicks, acting juvenile, acting dumb, deleting posts/tweets, reposting the same but different message, things children do, things preteens do.

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

Well, that's what I was thinking. 

I think he has done it semi-intentionally. 

Since the claim was manual, there is a smaller chance that he wanted to do this from the get go.

There is a still chance that he saw an opportunity and he took it, especially when he decided that he is going off YouTube - almost coincidental.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

That and the opportunity to destroy someone's reputation. This cancel culture is vile beyond belief.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

5 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

So you think they will change their ways and act as grownups?

We both agree they wont and continue on getting clicks, acting juvenile, acting dumb, deleting posts/tweets, reposting the same but different message, things children do, things preteens do.

No, I agree that's what it looks like, I'm saying they (generally speaking) do this on purpose, it's a roll they're playing because they *know* it brings them the views / clicks / in the end $$$

Of course not everyone is like that but many, especially on yt, twitch etc are... They aren't in it for 'fun' or 'drama' they're in it for the money. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

54 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

YT did the right thing for once? Well color me outraged! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get that they're pissed (adoredwhatever) and I get why they want the drama, though imo they should learn from their mistakes instead and maybe next time ask for permission... But that's not how the yt/drama business works I suppose.

Don't need to ask for permission, it's fair use. Nothing in that guy's video came remotely close to violating copyright law.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

20 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Don't need to ask for permission

Well you do otherwise it's stealing. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

@Vitamanic

This guy knew fine well what he was doing, he's done this too many times before. He knew if he uploaded a video with stolen content the video would get a copyright strike, this is all he needed to make false accusations against Linus. He then spread lies to his loyal fans on social media to try and start a witch-hunt against Linus/LMG. This was a deliberate attack, one if successful would have resulted in Linus and other LMG staff members getting harassed by trolls on the tippy tappy. Thankfully the copyright strike was retracted before any damage could be done. 

As I've said previously on this thread, these people who support and take part in this vile cancel culture are the very worst in society and should be exposed to the high heavens. They think they're above the law, they think that go around destroying people's reputations with no consequences and they love to see people suffer. Jim is a nasty man, no better than Jeremy Vine in my opinion who also supports/takes part in this cancel culture...

زندگی از چراغ

1 hour ago, 3 Lions said:

Well you do otherwise it's stealing. 

His video fell under fair use by a mile, he doesn’t need to ask permission. You should probably read up on what fair use covers.

1 minute ago, Vitamanic said:

His video fell under fair use by a mile, he doesn’t need to ask permission.

It's stolen content, simple as that.

زندگی از چراغ

Just now, Vitamanic said:

His video fell under fair use by a mile, he doesn’t need to ask permission.

I haven't seen the video yet as I've been busy, but I believe there is a solid minute of an LTT video with no transformational content applied. Transformational would be reacting to it, or doing some other form of parody. It also has to be something more than just sitting there and nodding along. For example, Pokimane's content of that type would most likely not be deemed fair use in an objective way. So with no transformational content, it is not fair use. Should it be claimed, it depends.

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

9 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

I haven't seen the video yet as I've been busy, but I believe there is a solid minute of an LTT video with no transformational content applied. Transformational would be reacting to it, or doing some other form of parody. It also has to be something more than just sitting there and nodding along. For example, Pokimane's content of that type would most likely not be deemed fair use in an objective way. So with no transformational content, it is not fair use. Should it be claimed, it depends.

Then you should probably watch it. He was using LTT as a citation for benchmarks in a long form essay type deal which absolutely falls under fair use, just the same way news outlets are able to broadcast another outlet’s content as long as it is relevant to their commentary.

15 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

It's stolen content, simple as that.

It sounds like you don’t understand what fair use is or how it works. That’s a you problem and not a me problem so I’m going to stop engaging you from here on out.

I'm gonna close this thread down. It seems to have run its course. 

To settle a couple of arguments, imo this is arguably fair use, and even if it wasn't, we are open to allowing other YouTubers to include our footage with proper crediting anyway. 

My only 'beef' was with the accusatory tone of the original message under the video. 

It's gone. 

I'm good. 

My life is a drama-free zone, so if he's apologized then I don't want to hear another bad word about it. Everyone makes mistakes. Its what you do make them right that matters.