Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Laptop CPU reaching 104C maybe even higher

So my laptop cpu (I7-10510U) no overclocking or anything just stock atm is reaching 104C degrees and maybe even higher when im not monatering it and would like to know how this can be fixed and if its a big issue, also the fact that playing a game like minecraft or roblox or even soemtimes at idle i can reach this high! Thanks! P.S. im using HWINFO 64 bit to monater everything and otehr programs show the same result following by that my laptop has NOT crashed or shutdown at all either.

1 minute ago, C5Gaming said:

So my laptop cpu (I7-10510U) no overclocking or anything just stock atm is reaching 104C degrees and maybe even higher when im not monatering it and would like to know how this can be fixed and if its a big issue, also the fact that playing a game like minecraft or roblox or even soemtimes at idle i can reach this high! Thanks! P.S. im using HWINFO 64 bit to monater everything and otehr programs show the same result following by that my laptop has NOT crashed or shutdown at all either.

Make sure the vents are kept clear so the laptop can breathe. It will be okay, except for the thermal throttling. As long as load clocks aren't going below base clock, that's okay.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, Nvidia GTX 780, 16 GB 2667 MT/s DDR4 Fedora 33 x86_64

Secondary: Intel Xeon X5670, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3 Windows 10 Home x86_64

Server: Intel Xeon X5670, 60 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS x86_64

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3 Fedora 32 x86_64

59 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Make sure the vents are kept clear so the laptop can breathe. It will be okay, except for the thermal throttling. As long as load clocks aren't going below base clock, that's okay.

they are this also seems to usally only happen when my laptop is plugged in even if the mode is set to power saver