Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bitdefender total security 2021 5 devices and 1 year $19.99

I know that Norton is currently $10 for Prime Day but this is the cheapest this has been for a while and is my preferred AV, next cheapest I could find was on Amazon for $19.99.

Make sure you're not logged into your Bitdefender central account when buying otherwise, the price is $19.99. You can sign up using your normal email and they'll just email you the key.

Mydealz link

Dealabs link

Upucuza.com link

BestBuy also has it for 20

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

I use Bitdefender. It’s great!

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

Windows Defender + Malwarebytes free for scans is all you need. 

3 hours ago, Viper9 said:

That and some common sense on websites you visit.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

ANYSOFTWARE "total security" is wrose then a virus.

Most Anti-virus Software ok.  But when they try to do everything and you have people who have no clue what they are doing bad!!!!

One person I saw didn't know what anything was connecting so everytime something prompted him he said deny, soon his computer didn't work.

Also I don't know how many times I've seen norton internet security suit Kill internet when uninstalling till someone reinstall or ran the removal tool they got from another PC.

Best defence educated human.

11 hours ago, selihandevri said:

I know that Norton is currently $10 for Prime Day but this is the cheapest this has been for a while and is my preferred AV, next cheapest I could find was on Amazon for $19.99.

Make sure you're not logged into your Bitdefender central account when buying otherwise, the price is $19.99. You can sign up using your normal email and they'll just email you the key.

Mydealz link

Dealabs link

Upucuza.com link

10 hours ago, Sandro Linux said:

I use Bitdefender. It’s great!

May I ask your guys' use cases?  I'm definitely from the era where stuff like Avast! and others were king of anti-virus (hell, back then you needed that and Comodo firewall to have real security, because Windows firewall was terrrrrrible), but it seems now like Windows's built-in stuff is about all that most people need.  I believe I was using ESET most recently (about...four or five years ago?), but I had to stop since it completely disabled virtualization when they came out with a new edition, which, as someone who needs that from time to time, was completely unacceptable (I get why it's a possible issue, but I would imagine that's easiest to prevent by simply locking down the BIOS and disable it entirely, or simply use hardware incapable of it in the first place, if that was a major issue for you (especially in places like work environments where common sense is NOT so common...)).  This is definitely a good deal for anyone using this service, so I would like to not derail by passing any judgements, I am simply, and honestly, curious 😀

13 hours ago, metaleggman said:

May I ask your guys' use cases?  I'm definitely from the era where stuff like Avast! and others were king of anti-virus (hell, back then you needed that and Comodo firewall to have real security, because Windows firewall was terrrrrrible), but it seems now like Windows's built-in stuff is about all that most people need.  I believe I was using ESET most recently (about...four or five years ago?), but I had to stop since it completely disabled virtualization when they came out with a new edition, which, as someone who needs that from time to time, was completely unacceptable (I get why it's a possible issue, but I would imagine that's easiest to prevent by simply locking down the BIOS and disable it entirely, or simply use hardware incapable of it in the first place, if that was a major issue for you (especially in places like work environments where common sense is NOT so common...)).  This is definitely a good deal for anyone using this service, so I would like to not derail by passing any judgements, I am simply, and honestly, curious 😀

I use on my mac because the built in Apple protection is terrible

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

On 10/21/2020 at 5:42 PM, Viper9 said:

Well yeah...it's all you *need* thats fair enough but I find Defender to have high CPU usage during some tasks. Granted it's been 3 years since last I used it but Bitdefender works well. 

?TuringMachine?

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

-Nikola Tesla, New York, May 16, 1907

I've been using Kaspersky for some time. I usually don't pay for security but i like what they do so i feel obligated to.

I've noticed they have on par detection as Bitdefender so i might switch if it's only 20 dolleroos.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

On 10/22/2020 at 9:50 PM, aDoomGuy said:

Well yeah...it's all you *need* thats fair enough but I find Defender to have high CPU usage during some tasks. Granted it's been 3 years since last I used it but Bitdefender works well. 

May I ask what tasks?  Again, just curious since I've been used to Defender for so long now.

8 hours ago, metaleggman said:

May I ask what tasks?  Again, just curious since I've been used to Defender for so long now.

I don't quite remember ...downloading and installing games with Steam/Origin? Or maybe installing things in general? Sorry I just don't remember exactly.

?TuringMachine?

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

-Nikola Tesla, New York, May 16, 1907