Catalyst Control Center missing on WinXP retro PC

Garlic

I am upgrading my Windows XP retro gaming PC with a Radeon HD 7570, and it is a world of trouble.

Before the upgrade I was using the T56-N APUs Radeon HD 6310 with Catalyst Control Center v.14.4, but in preparation for the upgrade I disabled the integrated GPU in the BIOS and made a fresh install of Windows XP SP3. I installed the HD 7570 drivers using Snappy Drivers and installed CCC version 14.4 for XP as recommended by AMD, and while the card works just fine and performs as expected the CCC itself is missing.

I have upgraded to dotNET 3.5 and re-installed the drivers and CCC which some guides I found online told me could fix the problem, but with no success.

Any ideas as to what might fix this?

Download the driver yourself directly from AMD, DDU the old driver then reinstall the official one. Who knows what version this Snappy thing has installed but FYI, avoid these driver updaters like the plague. All they do is cause trouble and can very easily break the entire install by trying to force incorrect drivers to install.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)