MSI motherboard won't boot off of new SSD properly

Hello everyone,

I've recently installed a new 1tb Sabrent NVME SSD into my PC. I've cloned windows and all my stuff from my 500GB Samsung 860 EVO to my new SSD using Macrium Reflect.

When I go into the BIOS and set the new Sabrent SSD as the fist device to use in the priority bar and try to boot it gives me the error of "reboot and select proper boot device"

The only thing that works is if I put the "UEFI Hard Disk:Windows Boot Manager" as the first one in the priority bar.

Thanks.

You should select the Windows Boot Manager. It's part of how UEFI functions with Windows, as it doesn't use a boot sector.

You can read up on it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/bringup/boot-and-uefi#:~:text=The Windows Boot Manager is,scenarios before the device boots.

14 minutes ago, LinusFan21 said:

The only thing that works is if I put the "UEFI Hard Disk:Windows Boot Manager" as the first one in the priority bar.

thats correct

Thanks for the replies!

So how do I set it to boot off of my new SSD?

1 hour ago, LinusFan21 said:

Thanks for the replies!

So how do I set it to boot off of my new SSD?

does the new ssd not have a option for UEFI?

I don't know.

I did follow the instructions from another guy from here:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/changing-windows-boot-manager-drive.3571420/

I then unplugged my SSD and tried to boot off of the new NVME SDD and it sent me to some Windows recovery thing saying that it's missing some file.

I don't know what to do, I've moved windows to another drive on other PCs multiple times before and never had to go through this much trouble.