Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Switching to windows need a pc capable of editing 4k footage and also gaming

Budget (including currency): RS 1,000,000

Country: India

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, gaming in general

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

hello, i am planning to build my first pc ever, i am currently a mac user and a freelancer, my work load has increased which my macbook air cannot handle 

GOALS THIS PC NEEDS TO HAVE- 

4K editing and the occasional 6k ( BMPCC6K)

Light VFX In After Effects

Can Handle Almost Any Game
Smooth Experience 

 

this is what i think i should get based on what read on the net :

AMD RYZEN 5 3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F ATX

 

G.SKILL F4-3200C16S-8GVKB Ripjaws V DDR4-3200MHz CL 16GB (2x8GB) Memory

GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 2060 OC 6GB GDDR6

CORSAIR CV SERIES CV550 CP-9020210-NA ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE NON MODULAR PSU

SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe GEN3 X4 NVMe

SEAGATE BARRACUDA ST2000DM008 2TB 7200RPM

(if you think i can cut costs somewhere please do let me know)

 

THINGS THAT I ABSOLUTELY NEED -

USB C, DISPLAY PORT AND HDMI (the reason for this is i plan to attach my monitor with dp and my ps4 with the hdmi) , USB A 3.0 and 
FAST STORAGE.

 

also please guide me on how to do i attach two monitors in the future which i plan to do

 

RBG IS SECONDARY 

 

Thank You 

Link to post
Share on other sites

for wanting display port and HDMI are you talking about a monitor? cus you can not plug the PS4 output into the output of a graphics card

 

what codecs for 4k? I already see BMraw and Pro res

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

for wanting display port and HDMI are you talking about a monitor? cus you can not plug the PS4 output into the output of a graphics card

It sounds like they want an HDMI capture card - probably one that can do 4K video.

 

Make sure you get one that supports uncompressed 2160p @ 60 FPS for a bit cheaper. It's not absolutely critical for video input to be uncompressed, but lossy compression has generational loss (the quality gets worse every time you re-encode it). You're probably going to be doing it one or two times, so adding a third time isn't great.

 

There are both USB and PCIe cards available. I'd personally go with PCIe as it may have a bit lower latency, but it probably isn't a big deal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Geekbynature said:

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F ATX

bad and overpriced.

 

9 hours ago, Geekbynature said:

CORSAIR CV SERIES CV550 CP-9020210-NA ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE NON MODULAR PSU

just bad

9 hours ago, Geekbynature said:

SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe GEN3 X4 NVMe

just overpriced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

for wanting display port and HDMI are you talking about a monitor? cus you can not plug the PS4 output into the output of a graphics card

 

what codecs for 4k? I already see BMraw and Pro res

 

yes i am talking about the monitor, rn my budget is tight to add another monitor so i am looking for one that has both a dp and a hdmi so i can game as well as work 

 

also a you might think this is a silly question but this is my first ever build and i am switching back to a desk setup after like 7 years.

does the graphic card have a dp port in general not my specific one or do i need to get a hdmi to display port cable?

 

prores, h264, cineform and BMRAW i also have to edit in log 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boggy77 said:

bad and overpriced.

 

just bad

just overpriced.

oook what would u recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

It sounds like they want an HDMI capture card - probably one that can do 4K video.

 

Make sure you get one that supports uncompressed 2160p @ 60 FPS for a bit cheaper. It's not absolutely critical for video input to be uncompressed, but lossy compression has generational loss (the quality gets worse every time you re-encode it). You're probably going to be doing it one or two times, so adding a third time isn't great.

 

There are both USB and PCIe cards available. I'd personally go with PCIe as it may have a bit lower latency, but it probably isn't a big deal?

i dont want to record the gameplay i just want a monitor that can connect my ps4 and my pc without removing the cable again and again like there different viewing options right if you have multiple video capable port (hdmi and display port all in one monitor)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, boggy77 said:

bad and overpriced.

 

just bad

just overpriced.

can you tell why is the asus rog motherboard and the psu bad? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Geekbynature said:

thank you for the help bro!

 

if i dont want to overclock the pc shouldnt i pick the 3600 and use the stock cooler? thus saving me a few bucks?

 

When i made the build, the 3600x was the same price as the 3600. If you can find the 3600 cheaper somewhere else, go for it. The aftermarket cooler is to reduce noise, not necessarily for overclocking.

The asas b450 boards have pretty bad power delivery. While they are probably fine for a ryzen 5, they are overpriced for what they offer.

The cv550 is and entry level unit meant for office pcs without a dedicated gpu. It lacks more advanced protections and it's more likely to fail, damaging other components with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have put an extra zero in the requirements can you change that. You can get the 3600xt(if you want to buy from amazon)as it is cheaper(amazon is weird, see a third party retailer or a local vendor, you get a 3600 for 16,500 in nehru place for a reference)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Excorcist_46 said:

You have put an extra zero in the requirements can you change that. You can get the 3600xt(if you want to buy from amazon)as it is cheaper(amazon is weird, see a third party retailer or a local vendor, you get a 3600 for 16,500 in nehru place for a reference)

oh thank you man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boggy77 said:

When i made the build, the 3600x was the same price as the 3600. If you can find the 3600 cheaper somewhere else, go for it. The aftermarket cooler is to reduce noise, not necessarily for overclocking.

The asas b450 boards have pretty bad power delivery. While they are probably fine for a ryzen 5, they are overpriced for what they offer.

The cv550 is and entry level unit meant for office pcs without a dedicated gpu. It lacks more advanced protections and it's more likely to fail, damaging other components with it.

thank you man, if i get the 3600x and i dont overclock it i can still use the stock cooler right?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boggy77 said:

yes, the stock cooler of the 3600x is better than the stock cooler of the 3600

thank you for all your help, i just one more favour, the mother board that u recommended me, the seller that i am buying it from doesnt have it in stock can give me another option? is the asus tuf b450 any good? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geekbynature said:

thank you for all your help, i just one more favour, the mother board that u recommended me, the seller that i am buying it from doesnt have it in stock can give me another option? is the asus tuf b450 any good? 

What other options do you have and what are the prices? The v450 tuf is quite expensive usually and not very good.

Any chance for a b550?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shabba said:

CoolerMaster Masterbox Q300L is a nice case, but very warm inside (I have it) I am currently changing it to something with better airflow.

Under heavy loads the CPU and GPU temps will suffer badly with this case.

 

what about the corsair 275r carbide series or nzxt h510?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, boggy77 said:

What other options do you have and what are the prices? The v450 tuf is quite expensive usually and not very good.

Any chance for a b550?

i want something that has usb 3.0, usbc and works with ryzen 3600x or 3600 out of the box

and a little rbg, which is not optional

 

price range between $100 to $150 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Geekbynature said:

i want something that has usb 3.0, usbc and works with ryzen 3600x or 3600 out of the box

and a little rbg, which is not optional

 

price range between $100 to $150 

the ones that i found about 

MSI B450M Mortar MAX Gaming Motherboard - Rs.10,455

ASUS ROG Strix X470-F - Rs10,000

ASRock B450 Steel Legend Socket - Rs.9500

 

confused with all of them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geekbynature said:

what about the corsair 275r carbide series or nzxt h510?

basically every nzxt case has pretty terrible airflow. no hate but it just happens. they look hella nice tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boggy77 said:

The strix x470-f is by far the best of those

shit dude i fucked up, i meant the b450-f not the x, sorry it was a mistype.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, Geekbynature said:

what about the corsair 275r carbide series or nzxt h510?

Corsair 275 Airflow case will be a significant improvement over the Q300L but it is also significantly larger.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×