Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ticking noise in computer

Hi

i have a desktop computer, and sometimes, when i play very demanding games (or if the pc is turned on for a long time) it does a "TICK" noise.

only once, but still, it makes me a bit nervous.

should i be worried?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check if it's coil whine and let us know if it sounds like that.

If it's not, check if it's hard drive clicking noise, let us know.

If it's not, check if it sounds like a fan hitting a cable and let us know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 191x7 said:

Check if it's coil whine and let us know if it sounds like that.

If it's not, check if it's hard drive clicking noise, let us know.

If it's not, check if it sounds like a fan hitting a cable and let us know.

no hard drives, only ssd.

it doesn't sound like a coil whine, it really sounds like if i clicked/flipped a switch

Link to post
Share on other sites

* thread moved to the Troubleshooting section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

 

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

open the side of the case and record the sound and let us hear :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, truescot said:

open the side of the case and record the sound and let us hear :) 

the problem is, it's quite random (on average, i hear it once every 1h30-2hours) and i just can't record for that long

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

the problem is, it's quite random (on average, i hear it once every 1h30-2hours) and i just can't record for that long

Just stick your phone recording beside it and forget about it, delete the recording after if it didnt make a noise.  I get that it will take some time to eventually capture but you are far more likely to get someone to recognise the sound than just the word tick :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

How?

depends on the type of phone you have got, but for instance every android phone has an app called sound recorder you can use.  Iphone also has the same sort of thing but i dont talk about apple :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, truescot said:

depends on the type of phone you have got, but for instance every android phone has an app called sound recorder you can use.  Iphone also has the same sort of thing but i dont talk about apple :D

i don't have an android phone

i have an Alcatel 1066G

Link to post
Share on other sites

just checked out your phone and it does indeed have a sound recorder in it but unless you have a microsd card of 32gb(the max that phone supports) you are shit outta luck on that point i'm afraid as there is no way it's going to be able to record for long with only 8mb of internal memory :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×