Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Better Laptop performance with external monitor?

Hi,

i have heard that u get better performance in games from your laptop if you connect it to external monitor and play games on it. Is it true?

It would be kinda interesting to see the test of it.

Thanks for answers

@Dudooo0

I got more fps with an external monitor , but that was because the PC is used was an AIO ( with a gtx 960m ) with a 4K monitor and the external monitor was 1080p

so if your monitor has the same resolution as the built in display it  won't make a difference ( maybe the input lag goes down )

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

No, it won't. The performance is tied to resolution, refresh rate and graphical settings used. Monitor size or how its connected is irrelevant. And actually if it was relevant, using internal monitor directly connected to GPU would be better than using another display connection.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LogicalDrm

Because i have found this and benchmarks are actually showing that its better. And i dont know if its fake or what.

8 minutes ago, Dudooo0 said:

@LogicalDrm

Because i have found this and benchmarks are actually showing that its better. And i dont know if its fake or what.

I would call it bit misleading rather than fake. The external monitor isn't cause, the Nvidia GPU and their technology is. I would need to check on more, but in short it seems to prioritizes dGPU while external monitor is used.

E: If external display would automatically improve performance, I should see this with just using iGPU. Time to run Heaven on my laptop.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LogicalDrm

Thanks for answers. i might try it just for fun. But would be pretty cool to see the test and video from LTT. :D but probably never gonna happen. Thanks again, have a good day.

8 minutes ago, Dudooo0 said:

@LogicalDrm

Thanks for answers. i might try it just for fun. But would be pretty cool to see the test and video from LTT. :D but probably never gonna happen. Thanks again, have a good day.

For video suggestions, you can post to suggestions thread:

Quoting Linus, "most ideas our viewers suggest are just stupid". You might still get lucky.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv