GTX 670 Issue

GSXR

So I have had my GTX 670 since May, I used it once to test it was all working and it has sat since May till Three days ago, and now when I plug it into my PC with both Six Pins plugged in, it'll give me Two Bios Beeps (Motherboard is from a 435MT) and a red square on my screen (Using a HDMI and it says on the screen DVI 72060 HZ, when it's Meant to say something along the lines of HDMI 1080P 60HZ...) This is without an SSD or HDD so it isn't any program making it do it, it's GPU or hardware based issue, does anyone have an idea?

Also it's an EVGA 670 2GB FTW edition

• 1 month later...

Bumping, still got this issue. 

Ran out of money and cannot afford a new card 

Likely dead...

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

1 minute ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Likely dead...

But how would it die if it hasn't been in use at all, Tested once for 5 minutes worked flawlessly, sat in a box from May to October 

Just now, GSXR said:

But how would it die if it hasn't been in use at all, Tested once for 5 minutes worked flawlessly, sat in a box from May to October 

Where did you keep it?

If it was kept in an environment where it is very humid, it can cause slight damp and ruin the card.

Otherwise, it is possible that the card was on it's last legs and decided to stop working now, it does happen, i know it is shitty but sadly it happens.

Like humans, GPU's can suddenly be here one second and gone the next.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

Just now, Wheresmehammer said:

Where did you keep it?

If it was kept in an environment where it is very humid, it can cause slight damp and ruin the card.

Otherwise, it is possible that the card was on it's last legs and decided to stop working now, it does happen, i know it is shitty but sadly it happens.

Like humans, GPU's can suddenly be here one second and gone the next.

It was kept inside of a box, in another room which doesn't get used, window never open, heating never on... Kinda sucks considering I spent all my money on the GPU and never got to actually use it 

Just now, GSXR said:

It was kept inside of a box, in another room which doesn't get used, window never open, heating never on... Kinda sucks considering I spent all my money on the GPU and never got to actually use it 

Just as an aside before we give up on it.

Have you reset your bios? tried reseating the card multiple times?

4 minutes ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Just as an aside before we give up on it.

Have you reset your bios? tried reseating the card multiple times?

No to the bios, resat the card twice also put it into another system and used two PSUs to power it (PSU didnt have two 4 pins)

1 minute ago, GSXR said:

No to the bios, resat the card twice also put it into another system and used two PSUs to power it (PSU didnt have two 4 pins)

If it fails to work in another machine, it's dead Jim.

1 minute ago, Wheresmehammer said:

If it fails to work in another machine, it's dead Jim.

Most likely, just going to have to go back to using a GT 730