GPU stopped giving a signal

LowEndPCGuy

So a few days ago, I was troubleshooting an issue I had with an HDD that I bought off of ebay. I went into my dell motherboard's UEFI and tried to boot into what i assumed was their version of Safe Mode. When i did this, however, my GPU stopped working. I hard reset the PC and did a power cycle with no results. I then took out the GPU and swapped to the IGPU on my i5-3470 over a vga cable. It seemed normal so I don't think it's in that mode anymore. If it helps, the GPU is a PNY GTX 460 1GB GDDR5. The cable i use on it is a mini-HDMI to HDMI.

try reseting the CMOS, the setting probably disabled GPU

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 hours ago, Moonzy said:

try reseting the CMOS, the setting probably disabled GPU

What is CMOS?

10 minutes ago, LowEndPCGuy said:

What is CMOS?

the bios

there should be a battery on the board, you can turn off the power to PC from the wall, then locate the battery on the motherboard

pop it out for 1-2 minutes, then put it back in

or you can find the pin to clear CMOS and short them for 5 seconds.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I am currently writing this on integrated graphics with my GPU sitting on a table beside me. A few days ago, I had a hard drive issue and tried to use the dell uefi's secure boot feature. Whenever I did this, however, my screen went black and the LED indicator on the monitor went from white meaning active to yellow meaning idle or no signal. Following this, I hard-reset the pc by holding the power button and allowed for a full power cycle. Nothing. I removed and reinstalled the GPU, nothing either. I don't think I am still in secure boot mode. My motherboard is a Dell custom sorta board, one from a Dell Optiplex 9010, and is MATX. I do not know the specific model number. The GPU is a PNY GTX 460 1GB GDDR5.