Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows is acting up - please help

My windows is really slow and applications don’t close when I hit the x. It might be because I have windows on a ssd and an m.2 but idk how to delete of one .

You have two windows installations on two different drives?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

What are your specs? And how much free space do you have.

When it is acting up, tell me what %memory is used, CPU%, disk write% and cpu speed. Those should be avalable in task manager.

It’s a new pc with some games installed and windows is on the ssd with games. I tried to put windows on the m.2 so it would boot faster. I also can’t close anything by hitting the x i have to use task bar.

Do you have an app running that's taking priority?  I have a program I use for work that will give caution popups that can be covered by another window but you can't close the other windows first.   

However, since the windows migration might have caused it, you might just need to do a clean install on your preferred drive. 

its a pain, but tbh not a big one, my suggestion would be to get an external HDD, copy off all of the information that you want to keep then re-install windows from scratch (you will get the option to delete partitions and format the ssd's at the start of the windows installation, definately do that).

I’m not sure if I can reinstall because when I try my screen dims and shows Home Screen then nothing pops up just the install media web page...

On 10/20/2020 at 3:26 AM, AdamLOveslinusvids said:

Wait you have 2 installed drives that both have windows installed?

The more the merrier! : D

6 hours ago, IneedPchelpASAP said:

I’m not sure if I can reinstall because when I try my screen dims and shows Home Screen then nothing pops up just the install media web page...

Get media creation tool on an USB stick. 

I would probably format one of your drives beforehand cause otherwise windows may throw a fit when you try to install (not sure about that but that's what I'd probably do) 

Then install windows fresh from USB on the other drive - erase everything's when it asks. 

Make backup of important files (but not windows system files) before you start. 

RYZEN 5 3600 | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME