Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My PC bluescreened, tried to repair itself and then the power went out. Now it's totally jacked up.

Tl:dr below. Please help

My PC blue screened the other day, and said it needed to be repaired, started to repair itself when the power went out, and since then has been WILD.

It's going to be confusing so I named each SSD.

My OS (SSD1) was a clone of my old HDD, It seemingly failed after a month because of the power outage I assumed it was fried/corrupt, tried multiple ways to fix it and was so frustrated that I wiped it and cloned the old HDD again (I left it unplugged in my case because I didn't feel the need for the space and I wanted to make sure the clone worked well)

NOTE: Old HDD worked perfectly fine, no hiccups, no issues, no blue screen. Perfectly fine.

SSD1 Got the clone put on it and then it wouldn't work, kept throwing an error at me 0x000000e.

So I said the obvious thought of "oh the drive must have failed" lucky for me Amazon sent me two of the same SSD so I wiped what was on SSD2 and then cloned to it and tried to use that as a C: drive.

Same error as the SSD1 clone.

Odd, the likely hood that both failed is so low that I figured it must be the cloning process, or the drive I'm cloning or the fact that it's a HDD being cloned to a SSD.

So I just said F it, and started to put a fresh OS on to SSD2 (assuming that SSD1 is still bad)

Made an installation media and the PC doesn't recognize it, the windows screen flashes for a second and then the blinking line shows up again.

Odd, that should work fine and have nothing to do with the drive?

So I put it in another PC (removed all drives from it) and the SSD works fine, the installation media works fine. Installed Windows on SSD2 and then tried to move it back to my PC and it's not even giving it a chance. Doesn't get passed the bios or the blinking line following the bios screen.

So maybe the MoBo is fried? But if so why does my HDD work?

Please help I am lost.

Tl:dr PC bluescreened tried to repair itself and then the power went out, thought SSD1(which is a clone of an HDD) was fried, tried to install a clone of HDD on SSD2 and got error 0x000000e, tried to install a clone of HDD back on SSD1 and got the same error. HDD works fine in the PC NO issues. Tried to use USB to install fresh OS to SSD2 and it's not working, used a separate computer to install W10 on SSD2 and it worked fine on PC2 but not on PC1, won't get past bios/blinking line

I am lost. Please help.

7 minutes ago, Frankuro said:

I am lost. Please help.

I'd start with a fresh reset/BIOS update of the BIOS.

Put the HDD back in the system, let it boot up, update/patch windows (basically ensure the HDD Win is the latest and up to date)

Power down the system, then install the SSD1, but ensure the system boots to the HDD.

Check the health of the SSD1 through something like CrystalDiskInfo or something.

Let's start with that and report back.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd start with a fresh reset/BIOS update of the BIOS.

Put the HDD back in the system, let it boot up, update/patch windows (basically ensure the HDD Win is the latest and up to date)

Power down the system, then install the SSD1, but ensure the system boots to the HDD.

Check the health of the SSD1 through something like CrystalDiskInfo or something.

Let's start with that and report back.

Windows on the HDD is up to date and fine EDIT: and working as of mins ago, no issues. (just to be clear) 

I'll try a bios update, thanks! 

Just now, Frankuro said:

Windows on the HDD is up to date and fine. 

I'll try a bios update, thanks! 

And check the health of the SSD1 once you have booted to the HDD copy of Windows.

What disk cloning software are you using BTW?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

And check the health of the SSD1 once you have booted to the HDD copy of Windows.

What disk cloning software are you using BTW?

Macrium Reflect, it had solid reviews and i've used it before, but I think i'm past cloning at this point, just want it to be as fresh and wrinkle free as possible.