How can i get a 120hz on Samsung tv?

jmsn15

I've tried to create a custom resolution with nvidia control panel but didnt worl trid hdmi 2.1 cable still cant get refresh rate to 120hz tv is a samsung ua55ks7000k it says 240 motion rate which i searched is 120hz

Motion rate isn't refresh rate

TV's fake high refresh rate, and market it as such

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, jmsn15 said:

I've tried to create a custom resolution with nvidia control panel but didnt worl trid hdmi 2.1 cable still cant get refresh rate to 120hz tv is a samsung ua55ks7000k it says 240 motion rate which i searched is 120hz

there is no such thing as motion rate, your TV isnt moving so it doesnt have a motion rate. And even if it was moving motion still doesnt make sense out of very spesific contacst. your TV can do up to 60 maybe 65 hertz 

I mean I found this stating that it is a 100hz / 120hz refresh rate but I'm still skeptical.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/02f2431

Usually when you see "motion rate" or "true motion", etc, it is just some BS interpolation that the TV does to take a 60hz signal and "adds frames" to make it look like it is moving at 240hz. That's why when ever it's turned on, it looks like garbage in almost every medium except maybe live sports. I mean any movie shot at 60fps (Gemini Man is the only one I can think of tbh) looks like trash IMO.

But back to your question. IF and this is a big IF the panel is 120hz, you might have to check the manual for what HDMI port to use as it might only be one that supports it. Otherwise it is all marketing. And if you have it enabled (the tru motion crap) I'd advise you disable it for optimal viewing / gaming experience. For gaming it will most certainly add input lag, for movies and TV shows that are all natively shot in 24 - 29fps, it will just make things look bad. Like everything is sped up or was filmed on a handy cam.

8 hours ago, Elad.Evron said:

there is no such thing as motion rate, your TV isnt moving so it doesnt have a motion rate. And even if it was moving motion still doesnt make sense out of very spesific contacst. your TV can do up to 60 maybe 65 hertz 

motion rate is what samsung call it. it is equivalent to refresh rate you just have to half the motion rate

12 hours ago, jmsn15 said:

motion rate is what samsung call it. it is equivalent to refresh rate you just have to half the motion rate

Do they really do that? Why, what is motion rate and why it is double the refresh rate (which its not)

20 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

accouring to this it cant do any higher then 60 hertz, as the display format row tells us (its not a row its the other thing i forgat what its called)

4 minutes ago, Elad.Evron said:

Do they really do that? Why, what is motion rate and why it is double the refresh rate (which its not)

accouring to this it cant do any higher then 60 hertz, as the display format row tells us (its not a row its the other thing i forgat what its called)

check the website of samsung and the specs of their tv

Just now, jmsn15 said:

check the website of samsung and the specs of their tv

So I did my research and what Samsung calls "motion rate" is the "simulated" refresh rate of the TV, so they use tricks to get a picture to look like its 120 FPS but its only 60 (FPS and hertz are different, FPS is the amount of frames and hertz is the siggnal that the monitor uses). I never liked it and always disabled it because it looks wierd to me 

5 minutes ago, Elad.Evron said:

So I did my research and what Samsung calls "motion rate" is the "simulated" refresh rate of the TV, so they use tricks to get a picture to look like its 120 FPS but its only 60 (FPS and hertz are different, FPS is the amount of frames and hertz is the siggnal that the monitor uses). I never liked it and always disabled it because it looks wierd to me 

okay thanks