Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3900x Power Plan Setting Help & more?

So I was reading a article today that I realized I didn't have any AMD power plan options so as of now I've updated AMD chipset drivers and my motherboards bios. Now I have 4. 

I've done this; - .10 offset vcore, cause I've always had that since build. After reading this this is where I'm at.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-download.html

 

Untitled.thumb.png.aadd7fedda3348f575fdecb26d30efd0.png

 

I'm now using that power plan with these bios settings

  • Global C-state Control = Enabled
  • Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
  • CPPC = Enabled
  • CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled

Now with all this I wanna make sure I'm not harming my CPU & getting a better performance than previously.

4.2/4.25 all core during gameplay with just the -.10 offset.

Anyone have experience with settings like this?

Here is the original one I stumbled upon.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/ryzen-5-3600-power-plan.3554920/

I understand most of it. HAHA.

My Setup

Build Name: DarkDawn

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Monitor: AOC CQ32G1 32" Curved QHD 2560x1440 VA 144hz 1ms

Chassis: EVGA DG-87

Chassis Fans: 4x140mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus [Wi-Fi]

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 4.25Ghz -0.1000 Vcore Offset

CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 360mm AIO w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Memory/RAM: HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4x8GB 32GB 3200Mhz 1600mhz FCLK @ D.O.C.P.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 8GB OC @ +130 Core +250 Memory

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & blood red cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Battle.net Game SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

Mouse Pad: Razer Firefly Cloth Edition

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: HyperX Cloud Flight S

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is all trial and error plus user preference.

 

You have some testing to do!

 

I hope you return and share your results. 

 

If you have specific questions, please ask!

 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well this is all trial and error plus user preference.

 

You have some testing to do!

 

I hope you return and share your results. 

 

If you have specific questions, please ask!

 

Right well since post I've ran prime 95 small fft for about 30 minutes and occt all sets 20 minutes each and about the same as previous. About 4.1-4.25Ghz. So in game should be about the same I assume due to 4.2 constant in most games.

 

I am wondering however if the offset on the Vcore would mess with the boost clocks with what i have changed and adjusted in the bios?

My Setup

Build Name: DarkDawn

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Monitor: AOC CQ32G1 32" Curved QHD 2560x1440 VA 144hz 1ms

Chassis: EVGA DG-87

Chassis Fans: 4x140mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus [Wi-Fi]

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 4.25Ghz -0.1000 Vcore Offset

CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 360mm AIO w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Memory/RAM: HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4x8GB 32GB 3200Mhz 1600mhz FCLK @ D.O.C.P.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 8GB OC @ +130 Core +250 Memory

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & blood red cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Battle.net Game SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

Mouse Pad: Razer Firefly Cloth Edition

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: HyperX Cloud Flight S

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

Right well since post I've ran prime 95 small fft for about 30 minutes and occt all sets 20 minutes each and about the same as previous. About 4.1-4.25Ghz. So in game should be about the same I assume due to 4.2 constant in most games.

 

I am wondering however if the offset on the Vcore would mess with the boost clocks with what i have changed and adjusted in the bios?

It's a 2 way street. 

lower voltage = lower temps (hopefully) = better boost therms = higher all cores.

But sometimes, causes instability. 

Stick with the -offset when stable. Decrease until it's not stable. 

Give a little bit back for stability and continue testing there.

 

Generally, If going heavy load (gaming or work + streaming ect.), Ryzen or 1Mus Performance. 

Balanced or power savings when browsing and watching vids, light work ect. 

 

I toggle with a program called QuickCpu. The one main and only real reason I use it, is have the ability to easily turn off core parking without editing my registry. Also, in the memory tab, can quickly clean the system and cached memory. This may increase your performance slightly as well. If you are already overclocking and tweaking in another program or bios, don't use this program in conjunction for tweaks (mainly for Intel). But it's a good utility to have on hand. Also, Cpu-z. You can validate your clocks.

 

 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's a 2 way street. 

lower voltage = lower temps (hopefully) = better boost therms = higher all cores.

But sometimes, causes instability. 

Stick with the -offset when stable. Decrease until it's not stable. 

Give a little bit back for stability and continue testing there.

 

Generally, If going heavy load (gaming or work + streaming ect.), Ryzen or 1Mus Performance. 

Balanced or power savings when browsing and watching vids, light work ect. 

 

I toggle with a program called QuickCpu. The one main and only real reason I use it, is have the ability to easily turn off core parking without editing my registry. Also, in the memory tab, can quickly clean the system and cached memory. This may increase your performance slightly as well. If you are already overclocking and tweaking in another program or bios, don't use this program in conjunction for tweaks (mainly for Intel). But it's a good utility to have on hand. Also, Cpu-z. You can validate your clocks.

 

 

Yes I do stream and game from one system I'm 1usmus power plan (Performance I guess cause its 99%min-100%max cpu) I'll try ryzen performance too and yes that sounds like an excellent program. Will be getting that.

Thanks for the information too. For the heavy load and light load, appreciate it, Makes more sense that way. Yes, about the offset I think releasing a little will give me better performance I may holding it back. I do have a nice cooler so might as well.

My Setup

Build Name: DarkDawn

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Monitor: AOC CQ32G1 32" Curved QHD 2560x1440 VA 144hz 1ms

Chassis: EVGA DG-87

Chassis Fans: 4x140mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus [Wi-Fi]

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 4.25Ghz -0.1000 Vcore Offset

CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 360mm AIO w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Memory/RAM: HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4x8GB 32GB 3200Mhz 1600mhz FCLK @ D.O.C.P.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 8GB OC @ +130 Core +250 Memory

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & blood red cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Battle.net Game SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

Mouse Pad: Razer Firefly Cloth Edition

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: HyperX Cloud Flight S

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

Yes I do stream and game from one system I'm 1usmus power plan (Performance I guess cause its 99%min-100%max cpu) I'll try ryzen performance too and yes that sounds like an excellent program. Will be getting that.

Thanks for the information too. For the heavy load and light load, appreciate it, Makes more sense that way. Yes, about the offset I think releasing a little will give me better performance I may holding it back. I do have a nice cooler so might as well.

Well you can also check EDC and PPT in Ryzen Master (if you use that program). I use gaming mode occasionally will increase EDC and PPT thresholds. Let it have a little more power cause it's available. For some reason, mine likes to restrict to 90a in the meantime I limit it manually to 120a. 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well you can also check EDC and PPT in Ryzen Master (if you use that program). I use gaming mode occasionally will increase EDC and PPT thresholds. Let it have a little more power cause it's available. For some reason, mine likes to restrict to 90a in the meantime I limit it manually to 120a. 

Yeah, I did set that in bios. I don't use ryzen master anymore just HWinfo for things like that when testing, which I read is accurate as of last update.

 

I can say my system boots faster then spinning windows loading 3 times.Now don't even see it spin before desktop like when I had my intel, which is nice to see or not see I suppose. Hah. Will keep trying voltage things just slowly not to damage anything I never overclock this chip as setting frequency or voltage I just kept offset for lower temps for higher clock boosts. Cinebench score went up about 200 or so points so some benefit was seen there with rendering which I also do sometimes in sony vegas using MeGUi.

My Setup

Build Name: DarkDawn

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Monitor: AOC CQ32G1 32" Curved QHD 2560x1440 VA 144hz 1ms

Chassis: EVGA DG-87

Chassis Fans: 4x140mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus [Wi-Fi]

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 4.25Ghz -0.1000 Vcore Offset

CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 360mm AIO w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Memory/RAM: HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4x8GB 32GB 3200Mhz 1600mhz FCLK @ D.O.C.P.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 8GB OC @ +130 Core +250 Memory

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & blood red cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Battle.net Game SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

Mouse Pad: Razer Firefly Cloth Edition

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: HyperX Cloud Flight S

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

Yeah, I did set that in bios. I don't use ryzen master anymore just HWinfo for things like that when testing, which I read is accurate as of last update.

 

I can say my system boots faster then spinning windows loading 3 times.Now don't even see it spin before desktop like when I had my intel, which is nice to see or not see I suppose. Hah. Will keep trying voltage things just slowly not to damage anything I never overclock this chip as setting frequency or voltage I just kept offset for lower temps for higher clock boosts. Cinebench score went up about 200 or so points so some benefit was seen there with rendering which I also do sometimes in sony vegas using MeGUi.

How about your memory. Do you have XMP/DOCP enabled? That's always worth some performance gains also.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 10:14 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

How about your memory. Do you have XMP/DOCP enabled? That's always worth some performance gains also.

I do have D.O.C.P. set at 3200mhz (which what my memory is on box) and 1600 flck

My Setup

Build Name: DarkDawn

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Monitor: AOC CQ32G1 32" Curved QHD 2560x1440 VA 144hz 1ms

Chassis: EVGA DG-87

Chassis Fans: 4x140mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus [Wi-Fi]

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 4.25Ghz -0.1000 Vcore Offset

CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 360mm AIO w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Memory/RAM: HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4x8GB 32GB 3200Mhz 1600mhz FCLK @ D.O.C.P.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 8GB OC @ +130 Core +250 Memory

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & blood red cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Battle.net Game SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

Mouse Pad: Razer Firefly Cloth Edition

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: HyperX Cloud Flight S

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

I do have D.O.C.P. set at 3200mhz (which what my memory is on box) and 1600 flck

Sounds good Mack!! 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×