Please help me choose one of these graphics crads

Hello guys, i have asus r9 280 3gb right now in my PC. It served me well but now i decided to upgrade my GPU. So there are two options, first one is MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Super Gaming X 4GB and the other one is GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5500 XT OC 4GB. Can you tell me which one is better for games at 1080p and why? They cost exactly the same.

23 minutes ago, Raijin123 said:

Hello guys, i have asus r9 280 3gb right now in my PC. It served me well but now i decided to upgrade my GPU. So there are two options, first one is MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Super Gaming X 4GB and the other one is GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5500 XT OC 4GB. Can you tell me which one is better for games at 1080p and why? They cost exactly the same.

These are both not that big of a upgrade over the 280 really. At most around 60% which whilst it does sound nice isn't that much for a 200$+ investment for both. If you aren't afraid of going used you can get some sweet deals there for the price or if you find that improvement worth it then go for it.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

These are both not that big of a upgrade over the 280 really. At most around 60% which whilst it does sound nice isn't that much for a 200$+ investment for both. If you aren't afraid of going used you can get some sweet deals there for the price or if you find that improvement worth it then go for it.

No i don't want to buy the used one. Thank you for your advice but you didn't really answer my question. What do you think which one of those is better for gaming at 1080p?

Just now, Raijin123 said:

No i don't want to buy the used one. Thank you for your advice but you didn't really answer my question. What do you think which one of those is better for gaming at 1080p?

Identical performance basically.

Just now, jaslion said:

Identical performance basically.

Ok thanks.

1 hour ago, Raijin123 said:

save up for a Radeon RX 5600XT I think, its not that much more expensive I think 

What country are you in? If you're in an area where eVGA offers RMAs, I highly recommend going with an eVGA card if you go the NVidia route, their warranty/support is top notch.

I would recommend saving up for the next tier up in GPU though, a 1660 or 5600XT is going to give you better performance for not that much more money.

Save up to 10% on eVGA.com purchases, use my Associates Code: 47AQQ6KPU2IZNXY

My system on ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42686 

Primary Rig:

CPU: AMD 5950X at 4.65GHz 1.275V - Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - PSU: eVGA P2 1200W

CPU Cooler: EK Quantum Velocity Block (480mm XE Radiator with push/pull EK Vardar D-RGB fans)

2 x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600MHz CL14 RAM (14-15-15-35-1T at 1.45V)

GPU: eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hybrid - Core @ 2160MHz @ 1068mV, VRAM +1000MHz

Case: Thermaltake View 91 - SSDs/HDDs: Too many to list; Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 2TB M.2s, Samsung 4TB SATA SSD

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor