1660Ti vs 2060 Mobile

Master PC

My eyes are set on the MSI GL65. after a week deciding on a new gaming laptop.

I was also planning to get the one with the 1660Ti until now when part of me tells me to get the one with the 2060. I just wonder if spending a little more on the unit with the 2060 is worth it? And is the Ray Tracing really worth it? After all, both GPU's have similar performances. Is the 1660Ti as future-proof as the 2060?

(The 2070  option is off the table because it's still beyond my budget).

Opinions appreciated!

The 1660ti mobile version is barely slower than the 2060 mobile. The ray tracing in the 2060 is basically useless other than for Minecraft and even then it's meh. If they were superrrr close in pricing I'd go with the 2060 but if it's over a $50 price differential between them I'd just go with the 1660ti.

i think you should go with the 2060 since you get the benefits of RTX like, Ray tracing in supported games, and DLSS which is actually a game changer(supported games, the number only keeps on increasing).
People say that its only useful in some games (like minecraft )are generally the people that bought the AMD 5000 series and never actually experienced ray tracing or dlss

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

4 minutes ago, Mr.Moustache said:

@Srijan Verma How to play rtx minecraft on java? I have rtx 2060 super

You need the Windows Version of the game through the microsoft store.