Discord app drowning codm's in game audio

Ragnar Lothbrok

I play call of duty mobile (codm) on a daily basis and its in game chat is not reliable at all. I was trying out discord as an alternative but for some reason it keeps drowning out the in game audio. So i can't hear enemy footsteps or gunshots. Even if I do, the volume is very low, not easy to hear.

Is there any solution to this? I want to make sure that I have a proper sound option so I can effectively communicate with my squad, we have a tournament coming up this week.

Not sure how to fix this. I was also thinking if there's a way to use discord on pc while playing codm. I'm not sure how that would work. But if you guys have a good solution to this, please let me know. Also, if there's any other app or software that will make it work, I'm open to that as well.

TIA

had exact same problem, except it has on Apex. the solution: turn off attenuation. this can be done by sliding the bar all the way down. like this:

image.thumb.png.04a2f5f3d9be597fc97b815b2033a29b.png

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

3 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

had exact same problem, except it has on Apex. the solution: turn off attenuation. this can be done by sliding the bar all the way down. like this:

image.thumb.png.04a2f5f3d9be597fc97b815b2033a29b.png

I can't find that setting on mobile. I think attenuation is only on desktop application.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, there's no solution to that. I guess you're playing on iOS? In Android you can expand the volume settings and favor one app over the other manually. In iOS there's zero control about it. It not only happens with CODM and Discrod but with any app that actively use the microphone. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 6:31 PM, ARCADER said:

Yeah, there's no solution to that. I guess you're playing on iOS? In Android you can expand the volume settings and favor one app over the other manually. In iOS there's zero control about it. It not only happens with CODM and Discrod but with any app that actively use the microphone. 

I just saw this. I'm playing on android. Where can I find the volume settings that favor the app? I tried playing around with the settings in the discord app but that just made things worse so I gave up on it and just used the in-game mic which is absolutely unreliable. Even now, 1 year after the game has been released lol

• 2 years later...

Same issue but the only solution I have tried that seemed to work and not bogg down my phone is to use two devices. I would either use an old cell phone or IPad and run discord on that and use ear buds for discord. Then on my phone I’ll run the game with over the ear headphones over the ear buds.. works great for me