Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this claim by Anker legit?

image.thumb.png.07c1ecee456d7c719a10e9730f35b4d4.png

Interesting.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

And here I am still trying to figure out how to pronounce "Anker" correctly...

Not hard.

You know the word Anus? Remove the "us" part, put that in front of "k-uh-er" and you have "ayne-k-uh-er" Anker

I know that seemed silly, but it was the best I could do. Google is of no help here.

3 hours ago, imreloadin said:

And here I am still trying to figure out how to pronounce "Anker" correctly...

Same way you pronounce anchor, like a boat anchor. 

3 hours ago, FireBoyAwesome said:

There's a Twitter post by linus talking about Anker or something

It's like saying "ankle", but only after downing a bottle of vodka and while you have a potato in your mouth.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 hours ago, WereCatf said:

It's like saying "ankle", but only after downing a bottle of vodka and while you have a potato in your mouth.

Excuse me a moment whilst I go and test this theory!

maxresdefault.jpg

22 minutes ago, sowon said:

Definitely take that claim with a grain of salt, but I'd otherwise vouch for Anker being great.

I own a few Anker products and they're pretty reliable all things considered.

The only cables and USB hubs I own that haven't fallen apart or even started to wear out after four years of straight use. I don't see myself switching away from Anker anytime soon.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

They're not in the channel affiliates ;

https://geni.us/lttsponsors

@LinusTech

not sure who else from LMG to tag in here :P

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

13 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

They're not in the channel affiliates ;

https://geni.us/lttsponsors

@LinusTech

not sure who else from LMG to tag in here :P

I got you bud

@JonoT

@CPotter

@nicklmg

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

On 10/18/2020 at 5:34 AM, TempestCatto said:

and you have "ayne-k-uh-er" Anker

And that would be completely wrong... :D

Especially where'd you get the 'uh' from? 🤔

It's 'er' like 'wanker'. 

Never heard anyone say 'wank-uh-er' either. 🤣

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

I never hard of this brand nor have I ever seen them on a ltt video. Id say until we get some facts on this topic its a marketing lie going what info we have now.

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

And that would be completely wrong... :D

Especially where'd you get the 'uh' from? 🤔

It's 'er' like 'wanker'. 

Never heard anyone say 'wank-uh-er' either. 🤣

That was to emphasize the sound of that particular part. It sounds how it looks, Anker. But English isn't everyones first language so they don't quite grasp that concept. Also your use of emojies is excessive. 

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

sounds how it looks, Anker.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Also your use of emojies is excessive. 

Thanks! 

G_20201019_0721341.gif.79694bcbf3e67164e62454523eb233fa.gif

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Hey Everyone!

Yep we're officially Anker's charging partner here at Linus Tech Tips. There would have been some sort of official announcement this year, but due to certain events it got a bit messy and it was a slow roll out.

Let me know if there are questions. 

Thanks! :)