Win10 HDR multiple monitor

Psittac

Quick question, can you run multiple monitors while only one of them is HDR capable *with hdr on?

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Yes, though Windows HDR is still crap imo. You can enable HDR on a specific monitor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yes, though Windows HDR is still crap imo. You can enable HDR on a specific monitor.

ok tyvm, I just tried to enable it on my new monitor and the computer went insane, had to disconnect the new monitor.  I'm on the second one only right now, looks like I've got a lot of trial and error.  Is it possible to enable hdr within content only? Does this include watching stuff like youtube?

also I have even tried connecting just the display it's self and it won't go back to sdr, just a black screen.  Looked beautiful in sdr even

*edit: I'll just throw what works and what doesn't up here incase anyone cares.

I just hooked up only the new hdr display to a black screen and when I changed the DP version it started working.  Maybe I don't have the right cable

nvm it wasn't a huge deal, I just had to go through the OSD and turn everything off before it would let me switch back to DP 1.4 without a black screen

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

1 hour ago, Psittac said:

ok tyvm, I just tried to enable it on my new monitor and the computer went insane, had to disconnect the new monitor.  I'm on the second one only right now, looks like I've got a lot of trial and error.  Is it possible to enable hdr within content only? Does this include watching stuff like youtube?

also I have even tried connecting just the display it's self and it won't go back to sdr, just a black screen.  Looked beautiful in sdr even

*edit: I'll just throw what works and what doesn't up here incase anyone cares.

I just hooked up only the new hdr display to a black screen and when I changed the DP version it started working.  Maybe I don't have the right cable

nvm it wasn't a huge deal, I just had to go through the OSD and turn everything off before it would let me switch back to DP 1.4 without a black screen

HDR is still extremely limited for normal content - to use HDR with things like YouTube, you need to use Google Chrome, same with Netflix (although for that you can use the W10 app instead too)

I have an HDR 400 Vesa certified monitor myself, but I'm only using that feature in certain games, and don't use that with Windows or online content since it's not so good yet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 hour ago, Morgan MLGman said:

HDR is still extremely limited for normal content - to use HDR with things like YouTube, you need to use Google Chrome, same with Netflix (although for that you can use the W10 app instead too)

I have an HDR 400 Vesa certified monitor myself, but I'm only using that feature in certain games, and don't use that with Windows or online content since it's not so good yet.

I just watched some HDR content on netflix and it was really bad, scene's would get dark or brighten with no cinematic quality, then half way through I got your reply and switched to chrome.  I don't know if it's any better but it wasn't standing out to me, I was to engrossed in the plot to pay any attention to the HDR.

I can say though that everything looks amazing on this nano-ips monitor, I need to figure out what color space to use because the nvidia control panel has 10 bit as an option which I don't even know if this monitor has.

Rather than make another entire post, would you happen to know if there is a way to watch 21x9 content without the bars? I can't stand 21x9 in a 16x9 frame on a 21x9 monitor.  My guess is that you're stuck with the format it was processed in and that includes the bar's, but no harm in asking.

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

ok wow, I see why everyone say's that HDR on windows is crap.  If I play around with the setting's in nvidia control panel and find something that it doesn't like it basically bricks my configuration.  I have to go off of DP 1.4 or go to just the other monitor and clear the configuration in the registry then re-set everything back up.  I just got it back to setting's I know work and look beautiful.

Just so I know, is this a monitor, OS or DP standard *problem.  I looked up this monitor on the manufacturers website and it has horrible reviews, I'm guessing it's due to the fact that the config is easily brickable and not easily recovered.  I just wanted to know so I'm informed on my own review

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

7 hours ago, Psittac said:

Rather than make another entire post, would you happen to know if there is a way to watch 21x9 content without the bars? I can't stand 21x9 in a 16x9 frame on a 21x9 monitor.  My guess is that you're stuck with the format it was processed in and that includes the bar's, but no harm in asking.

You're correct, there's no way to "force" something to be 21:9 without it stretching weirdly. The content must've been recorded in this cinematic aspect ratio for you not to have black bars. Movies made for cinemas are usually in that format. You're stuck with what you get in short.

I just watched some HDR content on netflix and it was really bad, scene's would get dark or brighten with no cinematic quality, then half way through I got your reply and switched to chrome.  I don't know if it's any better but it wasn't standing out to me, I was to engrossed in the plot to pay any attention to the HDR.

This is why I personally don't even bother with HDR on my Aorus AD27QD in content like this. It's not worth the hassle. I only use it in games like AC:Odyssey, Battlefield V or Star Wars Battlefront II

I have to go off of DP 1.4 or go to just the other monitor and clear the configuration in the registry then re-set everything back up.  I just got it back to setting's I know work and look beautiful.

Just so I know, is this a monitor, OS or DP standard *problem.  I looked up this monitor on the manufacturers website and it has horrible reviews, I'm guessing it's due to the fact that the config is easily brickable and not easily recovered.  I just wanted to know so I'm informed on my own review

Have you tried updating the monitor's firmware? I've had some issues with HDR on my monitor when I bought it, and I got it right after it launched so its firmware wasn't mature yet.

15 hours ago, Psittac said:

Quick question, can you run multiple monitors while only one of them is HDR capable *with hdr on?

Yes bur but win 10 HDR is kinda crap