Should this pc be this slow ?

StonerNixon

Amd phenom II x6 1045t 

right now it’s only got 2 gigs of ram so that is the only thing I can think of why it’s this slow ... but I click on a page and start scrolling through Facebook on my phone while I wait for it load. It generally takes like 10-30 seconds for things to load . Sometimes it takes full on minutes . 

I really think even with only 2gb it shouldn’t be struggling as hard as it is? 

What OS are you running, and what storage?

If you're running windows 10, I'd suspect you're running out of memory and hitting the pagefile pretty frequently. That means the entire contents of memory have to be dumped and recovered from the probably sluggish hard drive, leading to pretty painful performance.

2GB RAM will make my 4790K at 4.8Ghz feel like a Phenom2

Yes its THAT bad.

I had a fully usable webbrowsing experience with the Phenom 955 3.2Ghz 8GB DDR2 (2x4) PC I screwed with last year..

The 2GB RAM is a huge performance penalty for most systems when such a low amount is used for todays weboages.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

8 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

Amd phenom II x6 1045t 

right now it’s only got 2 gigs of ram so that is the only thing I can think of why it’s this slow ... but I click on a page and start scrolling through Facebook on my phone while I wait for it load. It generally takes like 10-30 seconds for things to load . Sometimes it takes full on minutes . 

I really think even with only 2gb it shouldn’t be struggling as hard as it is? 

If you're running a post-XP operating system, then yes, 2GB is killing you. If you are running XP, upgrade. DDR3 is cheap, in the US at least. Take yourself up to 8GB for everyday use on W10, 16GB+ if you're going to do any gaming/production/etc.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I’ve got a bunch of a ram laying around but none of it is working with it ? Went from 2 to 8 gb. I swapped out the harddrive to a newer one also . And not it just flat out one turn on . It gets stuck on asus express gate loading screen. Im giving up for the night because I’ve got a headache and I’ll try again tomorrow. Thank you guys . 

14 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

I’ve got a bunch of a ram laying around but none of it is working with it ? Went from 2 to 8 gb. I swapped out the harddrive to a newer one also . And not it just flat out one turn on . It gets stuck on asus express gate loading screen. Im giving up for the night because I’ve got a headache and I’ll try again tomorrow. Thank you guys . 

Motherboard make and model.
Many cheap boards exist and were sold like hotcakes....like.. REALLY BAD ONES in that age of computing

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The motherboard is an asus M4A88T-M

i got it upgraded to 12 gigs of ram , it’s noticeably not as sluggish . But now I’m realizing it was my original thought . 

The harddrive from the second I turn the pc on it’s maxed out 100% usage . Nothing should be writing to the harddrive though because I’ve already done all the updates and such . I tried swapping the harddrive out , for some reason it’s not registering that the new harddrive has windows also . I don’t know I’m going to keep screwing around until I get it figured out . 

turns out the Ram slots are just dumb two black ones right beside each other and two blue ones ... you would assume that the two back are matchin slots and the two blue are matching slots.. nope . Top back goes to middle blue , bottom blue hose to middle black 😂 so I spent over 3 hours plugging ram into the wrong slots because of stupid colours 😂 I feel like a newb 

Haaaaa yeah I I’m clearly not just a newb ... this pc is fucked . Beyond fucked . I’ve now spent allllllll day pull out the same sticks of ram and putting them back in . I got 12 gigs and it finally fucking booted last night at 4 am . I go to bed and start again today only for it not to boot . Now it only boots with 4 gigs in it . Alllllll I did was enable xmp , and I turned it back off after the fact , but still nothing . It’s getting stuck in a boot loop , or loading to asus express gate and then just not actually fucking loading anything . I give up . 

8 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

I forgot but shouldn't have...
Update the Boards Bios, even on those cheaper boards, it's likely never ever ever been updated in its life by users.
My Phenom2 I mentioned had 20second BIOS boots, now 3seconds, RAM OC's went up, (compatibility/stability) <-- probably your big issue
OR... the CPU is too powerful for that VRM setup and it throttling due to VRM not having heatsinks, and paired with a 6core (even the lower end 6 core) is prob too much for it. (Somewhat helped if you aim a fan at it) While the CPU can take 60-70*c+ the VRM's on some boards are hard coded to throttle at much less... (60-65*c) and without heatsinks or a fan aimed at that area, that could be the case for slowness.

Worth every free penny...to Bios update... I really recommend trying that and then revisiting the board when you can give 2fux