Overclocking an i5 9600K

So I was messing around with overclocks and just set my 9600K to 4.5Ghz at 1.31 volts, and I noticed during the Prime95 stress test that the voltage was actually sitting closer to 1.11v-1.16v and I wasn't sure what to think of that. (The temp on the hottest core peaked at 78 and hovered mostly around 76 using a Noctua NH-U12S in a single fan setup.)

Does that mean the CPU could handle a higher clock at the same voltage and therefor just isn't using all of the allotted voltage? Does this say something about the stability or capability of this particular CPU? I'm sort of new to overclocking just because I never felt like I needed it before but since Intel hasn't really made a noticeably faster CPU in the last 5 years I figured I'd take things into my own hands. Basically just posting hear what others have to say..

2 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

So I was messing around with overclocks and just set my 9600K to 4.5Ghz at 1.31 volts, and I noticed during the Prime95 stress test that the voltage was actually sitting closer to 1.11v-1.16v and I wasn't sure what to think of that. (The temp on the hottest core peaked at 78 and hovered mostly around 76 using a Noctua NH-U12S in a single fan setup.)

Does that mean the CPU could handle a higher clock at the same voltage and therefor just isn't using all of the allotted voltage? Does this say something about the stability or capability of this particular CPU? I'm sort of new to overclocking just because I never felt like I needed it before but since Intel hasn't really made a noticeably faster CPU in the last 5 years I figured I'd take things into my own hands. Basically just posting hear what others have to say..

uh...

Can you take a screen shot for me? 

Circle in MSPaint what voltages you are looking at please. 

I don't think you'd have a .20v v-droop, so I think you are looking at the wrong voltages maybe.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

uh...

Can you take a screen shot for me? 

Circle in MSPaint what voltages you are looking at please. 

I don't think you'd have a .20v v-droop, so I think you are looking at the wrong voltages maybe.

I've attached a screenshot of the readouts in CPU-Z with Prime95 running. Strangely, when I'm not running Prime95, the Core Voltage reads closer to 1.25.

Voltage.png

19 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

I've attached a screenshot of the readouts in CPU-Z with Prime95 running. Strangely, when I'm not running Prime95, the Core Voltage reads closer to 1.25.

Voltage.png

That's quite a bit of v-droop, but it's stable, you could leave it so long you have good thermals. Or you can adjust the LLC and lower the v-core you've input.