Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPU won't fit in the slot completely

I have a GTX 1050 mini, I tried putting it in my pc but it really does not go fully in. It fits for the right side, but when you get to the left slot, it won't go in the slot. I tried pushing it in as hard as I can it won't go in. Here are some pics. Thanks!

IMG_20201016_215626.jpg

IMG_20201016_215617.jpg

IMG_20201016_215622.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, medyobano said:

I have a GTX 1050 mini, I tried putting it in my pc but it really does not go fully in. It fits for the right side, but when you get to the left slot, it won't go in the slot. I tried pushing it in as hard as I can it won't go in. Here are some pics. Thanks!

Take out the card and try installing it, by first starting with the left side and then inserting the right side after.

Make sure the metal PCIE on the card's left side is properly going into the case, which I suspect is going wrong now.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from the picture, your case is bent outward. MIght want to take a look at that ;)

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X MSI B450M Mortar Max 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check if the motherboard is bent

MAIN PC: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X@4.4GHz, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 WiFi, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO@3600Mhz, Gigabyte Radeon RX5700XT Gaming OC, Creative Soundblaster Z, 2x 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, 256GB Kingston KC600, 480GB Crucial BX500, 2x 2TB WD Blue, 2x 1TB WD Blue, 250GB Kingston A2000 , Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM SE, Corsair HX1050, Corsair Carbide 500R
2ND PC: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X@4.3GHz, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32GB XPG Spectrix D60@3733Mhz, Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 8GB, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 2x 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 480GB Kingston A400, 2TB WD Blue, 2TB WD Green, 256GB XPG SX6000 Pro, Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PRO XT, Silverstone ST65F-GS, Corsair Carbide 275R TG
3RD PC: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X@4.3GHz, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi, 32GB XPG Spectrix D60@3466Mhz, Gigabyte Radeon RX570 OC, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 2x 250GB Crucial MX500, 240GB Patriot Burst, 2x WD Blue 1TB, 256GB Micron M600, ID Cooling Frostflow 240, Corsair VS650, NZXT H510
4TH PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X@4.2GHz, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi, 32GB XPG Spectrix D60@3466Mhz, Sapphire Radeon RX470 Nitro, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 512GB ADATA SU800, 240GB Patriot Burst, 2x 1TB WD Blue, 256GB Micron M600, ID Cooling Frostflow 240, Silverstone ST50F-ES, Deepcool Matrexx 55
5TH PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4.2GHz, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO@3200Mhz, Asus ROG Strix RX570 OC, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 512GB ADATA SU800, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB PNY CS900, Scythe Mugen 5 ARGB Plus, Silverstone ST50F-ES, Gaming Freak 4G-TFlux
WORK PC: AMD Ryzen 3 3100@4.3GHz, Asrock B450M Steel Legend, 32GB PNY XLR8@3200MHz, Sapphire RX470 Platinum Edition, 2x 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 512GB ADATA SU800, 250GB Crucial MX500, 256GB ADATA SU800, 240GB ADATA SU650, AMD Wraith Prism, Thermaltake Litepower 450W, Xigmatek Nemesis M

ITX HTPC: Intel I3-9100F, Asrock H310CM-ITX, 16GB PNY XLR8@2400MHz, MSI GTX1650 Super Ventus OC, 250GB Kingston A2000, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO, 2x 256GB Kingston KC600, 256GB Micron M600, 240GB ADATA SU650, ID Cooling IS-50 MAX RGB, Thermaltake Litepower 450W, Cooler Master Elite 110A
Acer Nitro 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB Kingston 3200MHz, Nvidia GTX1650, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 512GB WD SN530, 500GB Crucial MX500

MSI PE60: Intel i7-5700HQ, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz, Nvidia GTX960m, 512GB ADATA SU800, 500GB Transcend SSD220Q
Alienware M17xR4: Intel i7-3940XM@4.5GHz, 24GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz, Nvidia GTX980m, 960GB Crucial M500, 750GB WD Black

TRUENAS: Intel I7-3770K@4.5GHz, Asus Z77 V-Pro, 32GB Corsair Vengeance@2400MHZ, Sapphire RX470 Platinum Edition, 240GB PNY CS900, 480GB WD Green, 120GB WD Green, 240GB Patriot Burst, 2x 4TB WD Red, 2x 2TB WD Blue, 1TB WD Black, Cooler Master MA410M, Thermaltake Litepower 550W

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something must bent, as others pointed out. My guess is that the rear metal bracket (that part that goes into the rear of the case) isn't going in all the way. Either because the case or the bracket itself is bent.

 

And yeah, for Pete's sake, clean it!

 

71SL67VQMlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg.0001a2bc7364f456fa3ae0149c1d5aa5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Internet Person said:

Something must bent, as others pointed out. My guess is that the rear metal bracket (that part that goes into the rear of the case) isn't going in all the way. Either because the case or the bracket itself is bent.

 

And yeah, for Pete's sake, clean it!

 

71SL67VQMlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg.0001a2bc7364f456fa3ae0149c1d5aa5.jpg

Just checked it. It was indeed bent. May I ask if this is already normal and good to go? Thanks btw for all the help guys!

IMG_20201017_101343.jpg

IMG_20201017_101314.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's normal that you may have to push the card a little bit to align these holes and to insert the screw. So the picture looks OK to me. Does it go all the way in now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Internet Person said:

It's normal that you may have to push the card a little bit to align these holes and to insert the screw. So the picture looks OK to me. Does it go all the way in now?

Yep, thankfully it goes all the way down. May I just ask what do I need to do next as soon as I boot my PC with the gpu now on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, medyobano said:

Yep, thankfully it goes all the way down. May I just ask what do I need to do next as soon as I boot my PC with the gpu now on?

Well, it should boot normally now to Windows. You shouldn't need to do anything, just close the case and start it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Internet Person said:

Well, it should boot normally now to Windows. You shouldn't need to do anything, just close the case and start it up.

Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, medyobano said:

Thanks! 

Just went into my PC. Checked if the GPU is ready. And nothing. It isn't here??? Even the tab for GPU is now gone. 

16029027158694566925622547692021.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, medyobano said:

Just went into my PC. Checked if the GPU is ready. And nothing. It isn't here??? Even the tab for GPU is now gone. 

16029027158694566925622547692021.jpg

Try installing some drivers for your GPU, and make sure that Windows is fully updated. That usually works for me, also make sure that your display is plugged into that GPU itself, or else your mbd may not recognize it on boot, saying from experience

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×