QUESTION: Is 1080p image quality better on a 25" or a 27" display?

Will images look pixelated on 1 27" display when I play games at 1080 resolution? 

Not really. 1080p is still a lot of pixels. But to answer the question in the title of the post, a 25" screen will look less pixelated because the same pixels are stretched across a smaller area. Pixel density, or lack there of, is what makes things look pixelated so a smaller screen at the same resolution will appear like it's a slightly higher res screen in that regard. Either way, I'd be hard pressed to objectively notice a difference beyond the size of the two panels.

ASU

Then next I want to ask is why that manufacturers produce 27" with native resolution @1920x1080?

9 minutes ago, letsplaysims3 said:

Then next I want to ask is why that manufacturers produce 27" with native resolution @1920x1080?

Because bigger screens are nice. They produce bigger images that are easier to look at. My laptop is 1080p, but I still go home and plug into my 29" 1080p ultrawide because it's better and easier to look at.

ASU

18 minutes ago, letsplaysims3 said:

Will images look pixelated on 1 27" display when I play games at 1080 resolution? 

they wont look pixelated they just wont look as sharp as on  a 24 inch display (buddy there are like 2 25 inch displays in the market) 

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Because bigger screens are nice. They produce bigger images that are easier to look at. My laptop is 1080p, but I still go home and plug into my 29" 1080p ultrawide because it's better and easier to look at.

That is what confuses me, won't you see pixelated images then when you project that 1080p images onto a 29" display?

3 minutes ago, Elad.Evron said:

they wont look pixelated they just wont look as sharp as on  a 24 inch display (buddy there are like 2 25 inch displays in the market) 

I presume you mean they look blurry?

Just now, letsplaysims3 said:

That is what confuses me, won't you see pixelated images then when you project that 1080p images onto a 29" display?

I mean yeah if I press my eye up to the screen I can see individual pixels, but if I sit like a normal person it looks fine. 1920*1080 = 2,073,600 pixels. That's a shit load to be stretched across a normal sized monitor. We have 4k monitors at work and honestly I don't really notice a difference between them and my 1080 panels at home.

ASU

1 minute ago, letsplaysims3 said:

pixelated is when you actually see the edges becuase a different shpe because of the pixeks ,you wont see that but stuff wil look a bit blurier then you are use too 

I presume you mean they look blurry?

exactly, its not a very big deal, coming from my phone (galaxy s10 in 1080p mode) and going to a 27 inch 1080 stuff looks noticably less sharp, but that a bit of an extreme case 

I am planning to get the forthcoming RTX 3000 series graphics board. To cope with the new graphics cards, I want o replace my current display which is a cheap BenQ 22" 60MHz panel. BUT I have difficulties in choosing the right display; there are so many out there!

I am at a cross road between 25" and 27". 

Irrelevant, for the most part.

Common misconception is that a 1080p Display is the cause for an aliased (jagged) image. Its not, its the fault of the rendering resolution. A game running at 1920 x1080 (or any resolution) uses a bunch of FoV settings to maintain performance & efficiency, this results in much on the actual image not being rendered at 1920 x 1080, this is why when u force a downsample , like from 4k, you will see an improvement.

Regardless of if ur running a 25" or a 42" at 1080p, u can still gain increased fidelity by increasing the rendering resolution, in many casses to the point where the difference between 4k ona 1080p display and 4k on a 4k display (at normal monitor sizes) is far less obvious.

Do not assume PPI is the be all end all of specifications.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 minutes ago, Elad.Evron said:

pixelated is when you actually see the edges becuase a different shpe because of the pixeks ,you wont see that but stuff wil look a bit blurier then you are use too 

exactly, its not a very big deal, coming from my phone (galaxy s10 in 1080p mode) and going to a 27 inch 1080 stuff looks noticably less sharp, but that a bit of an extreme case 

Then why 27" 1080p display are as expensive as 25" 1080p display if 25" 1080p display is the sharpest?? What are in the minds of the manufacturer?

2 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Irrelevant, for the most part.

Common misconception is that a 1080p Display is the cause for an aliased (jagged) image. Its not, its the fault of the rendering resolution. A game running at 1920 x1080 (or any resolution) uses a bunch of FoV settings to maintain performance & efficiency, this results in much on the actual image not being rendered at 1920 x 1080, this is why when u force a downsample , like from 4k, you will see an improvement.

Regardless of if ur running a 25" or a 42" at 1080p, u can still gain increased fidelity by increasing the rendering resolution, in many casses to the point where the difference between 4k ona 1080p display and 4k on a 4k display (at normal monitor sizes) is far less obvious.

Do not assume PPI is the be all end all of specifications.

Thanks for the explanation but I AM LOST!!

Just now, letsplaysims3 said:

Then why 27" 1080p display are as expensive as 25" 1080p display if 25" 1080p display is the sharpest?? What are in the minds of the manufacturer?

buddy the standert is 24 not 25 inchs

27 1080 gaming displays are the same price as 24 inch 1080p monitors because of damend, there is just very little damend for 27 inch 1080p gaming grade displays 

2 minutes ago, letsplaysims3 said:

Thanks for the explanation but I AM LOST!!

TLDR: Dont worry about the size of a monitor, 24-32" , get what ever is best suited for ur physical space , and the best quality display within ur budget.

There is a whole lot more to a quality display than just the PPI.

See my Pinned thread on what to look for.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just now, Elad.Evron said:

buddy the standert is 24 not 25 inchs

27 1080 gaming displays are the same price as 24 inch 1080p monitors because of damend, there is just very little damend for 27 inch 1080p gaming grade displays 

Yes, noticed that.

Just now, Elad.Evron said:

what monitor do you want to buy? like do you have any speciphic monitor on your mind? 

I am typing my post to explain... please give me a few minutes....

5 minutes ago, letsplaysims3 said:

I am typing my post to explain... please give me a few minutes....

lol ok

Maybe, I should explain why I ask my original question.

I am planning to get the RTX 3000 series graphics boards. So naturally, I want a better display monitor. (Current one is a cheap BenQ GW2270).

So far, I have set eyes on ASUS. But they have too many 25" and 27" monitors.

This one https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-gaming-vg259qm seems very promising.

This one https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-gaming-vg27aql1a is NOT as good as the above in the response time department.

The thing is as far as a RTX 3000 card is concerned, one would more inclined towards higher resolution like 1440p at least. That demands a 27" 1440p display if I understand correctly.  But 

due to the fact that the above 27" response time is not as good as the 25", I will be more convinced that the 25" is a better choice when I compared the           figures

Now I dont know which one is best for my gaming needs

Here is my rtings custom rating system.

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/ABkArd5QEMduIA

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Here is my rtings custom rating system.

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/ABkArd5QEMduIA

Thanks, I can see more clearly now. Appreciate!

May I ask then, when the spec of a display monitor says it's a 1920x1080 @ 144HMz, does it mean that it cannot be shoot up to 1440p resolution?

Thanks, I can see more clearly now. Appreciate!

May I ask then, when the spec of a display monitor says it's a 1920x1080 @ 144HMz, does it mean that it cannot be shoot up to 1440p resolution?

Indeed. Its native physical resolution is 1920 x 1080 at 144hz.

However that doesn't mean u cant 'render' at a higher resolution to gain fidelity and reduce aliasing (jaggies).

It is ofc still better to have a higher physical resolution.

2 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Indeed. Its native physical resolution is 1920 x 1080 at 144hz.

However that doesn't mean u cant 'render' at a higher resolution to gain fidelity and reduce aliasing (jaggies).

It is ofc still better to have a higher physical resolution.

If I get the 25" option, what features will I be missing?

5 minutes ago, letsplaysims3 said:

If I get the 25" option, what features will I be missing?

Nothing in terms of gaming.

If u intend to get say a RTX 3080, i would not recommend a 1080p display, a 3080 is massively overkill for such a resolution. So is a 3070 really.

However if ur looking at getting a 3060, sure a 280hz 1080p display is fine.