Just wondering, what's your browser and why?

Well, I'm using Chrome for both on my laptop, at version 86.0.4240.75, and phone. Been using it constantly until now since 2012. And, yes. I don't have any problems so far with Chrome (my 8 GB RAM laptop and 4 GB RAM phone still survives nicely) like, at all. I even sometimes open a lot of tabs on it that it can only see the logos of each tabs. Privacy wise? Like, no matter what browser we use trackers will still coming to us, anyway. Plus, like. Sometimes some ads that's the 'tracker gave', are actually useful in one case.

Kind of got Firefox before but I can't really get used with it, and I thought it felt the same anyway. Installed it just for second browser (in case Chrome getting sucks, which actually kind of saved my live once on an exam when a site can't be opened on Chrome), yeet, ninstalled it for... Vivaldi right now (and just on for few hours yet), though, because it's a derivative of Chromium (which on Chrome either so I don't have to adapt that much) and, after kind of good time of research, I thought I would like to try it.

I admit it's got a lot more customization, in-built ad-tracker blocker is really nice and functional, haven't tried much the more 'interesting' features on it yet, page tilting is awesome btw, but the but the UI, so far, aren't as clean as Chrome. Or, perhaps any way to use Chrome-like UI cleanness on Vivaldi? lol

Problem on Vivaldi is this, unfortunately. Left one's what pinned on taskbar, yet when it's opened, it's on the right. Didn't found the fix yet and to be honest it's kind of distracting me.

image.png.391cd214dc4058628ad5f837de432772.png

*** Yet. Edit. Use-case that's actually really nice indeed so far on Vivaldi that I can't done easily on Chrome. Thought gotta migrate if I'm using it enough lol.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.84a7c626630b6dbdaf00b69d61b4cb9c.png

****** Edit. V2. As I'm actually (probably completely) migrating to Vivaldi simply because it feels the same as Chrome (snappy enough at least), with a lot more of features. Web Panel, turns out, is the exact thing I need as I like to browse while checking for my social medias. Simply change the panel toggle on F1, I can switch between page I browse with WhatsApp Web/Twitter/Instagram easily without even switching tabs at all, using Alt+1 to 3 to switch between panels.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7a87e4348c2dd2bf93798ed2b396e483.png

As I'm getting deeper:

1 hour ago, atlemo said:

There's a new release today (just now!), please update and see if you have any further issues.

Another kind of more deeper customization happens. Context menu customization is useful and we'd just wait for the link right-click menu customization, and it's confirmed.

Yes all of the sudden I'm getting crazy of Vivaldi. I personally love Chrome but, in functionality's sake that's actually really increasing productivity and efficiency, indeed I'd recommend Vivaldi to anyone who likes multitasking.

Edited by dhannemon13
Well. Migrating to Vivaldi, that's why.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

I just like chrome because its rather easy to sync with my phone. And it is rather clean looking. I hate that it eats ram though.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I use Vivaldi extensively and I don't have that taskbar multiple icon issue. I only ever have it twice if I move separate window to a different monitor 

chrome because i have all my passwords in it and its the most consistent performing browser imo. and half of the other browsers are chromium anyways

edge because im too lazy to stop using it, literally any of the mainstream browsers are fine enough for me. i have firefox on my laptop, edge on my pc, and safari on my shitty iphone, and i would not be surprised if ive managed to convince whoever's collecting my data that i'm 3 different people lol

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

For my laptop which is what I use daily I use Safari as my main/personal browser, Chrome for school, and Firefox for work. I like having everything separated out to different browsers. For my computer which I now use mainly for gaming, I use Firefox and have Chrome downloaded as a backup.

16 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

I just like chrome because its rather easy to sync with my phone. And it is rather clean looking. I hate that it eats ram though.

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I use Vivaldi extensively and I don't have that taskbar multiple icon issue. I only ever have it twice if I move separate window to a different monitor 

8 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

chrome because i have all my passwords in it and its the most consistent performing browser imo. and half of the other browsers are chromium anyways

Exactly why I stuck on Chrome for 8 years straight. Looks cleaner tbh but in functionality, Vivaldi really wins my heart rn somehow.

5 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

unpin other icon from taskbar and open the browser and pin it again. it will solve your problem

Okay, solved, yet I thought it doesn't work but turns out it's the PIP window that's on second icon. Thanks!

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

I just changed (today) to using Chrome after using Opera for 10 years. Opera just got worse and worse lately and being unable to use some of the VidCon services on it. Just adds nails to the coffin (dance).

TBH even if chrome uses so much RAM. But I think it contributes to it being so snappy

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Firefox because I've used it for more years than I care to count and honestly don't feel the need to switch.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Chrome + adblock on my lap/desk tops.

Brave on mobile.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Firefox

Also Firefox, It just works for me.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

used to use IE until ~2005 until i switched to firefox, then i added chrome around 2008 to have multiple accounts logged in to replace IE, but still mainly use firefox

around ~2010 is when i probably fully switch over to chrome and stopped using firefox

for some months between 2012 i've used a browser called rockmelt, but it stopped being updated in 2013 so i stepped back to chrome until today

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I use Firefox because I wanted to get away from Google's ecosystem and their domination over user data, and I ended up liking Firefox because it works exactly as I want it to and hasn't failed me for the year or two I've been using it, and it has a great support for extensions, so I have no reason to go back to Chrome.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Firefox on desktop. Edge on my surface and laptop.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

57 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Exactly why I stuck on Chrome for 8 years straight. Looks cleaner tbh but in functionality, Vivaldi really wins my heart rn somehow.

Okay, solved, yet I thought it doesn't work but turns out it's the PIP window that's on second icon. Thanks!

Vivaldi??? never heard that one before and why does it looked like Opera so mu..... (Looks at Wikipedia)

Oww.... That's why 

CJ : Ah shet here we go again!!!

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

I use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Just because I like how clean it looks and it's smooth on my pc and also my phone.

I don't know why I use Edge though...

I use Vivaldi because it's the only one I don't hate after 5 minutes :P 

I used Chrome before, but found out  Vivaldi is like Chrome if Chrome was good.

1 hour ago, dhannemon13 said:

Problem on Vivaldi is this, unfortunately. Left one's what pinned on taskbar, yet when it's opened, it's on the right. Didn't found the fix yet and to be honest it's kind of distracting me.

I think it happened to me at some point. Pretty sure it was an issue with the 32-bit and the 64-bit version, like one being pinned and the other one actually being used when you followed a link, leading to the double presence in the taskbar.

Firefox. I've been trying to de-googlify myself over the years. I appreciate that it's a more privacy-centric browser. I've also been using it for about 15 years, so I suppose it's also what I'm used to.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

firefox. I moved off of chrome and google the site about 2 years ago but finally made the compete switch last fall

I run a few add-ons like HTTPS everywhere

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Humor me, I use bing. Sometimes it's pathetically slow, sometimes it's fasttt asss fuccc boiii

Also, the point's don't hurt. Already racked up $150 worth of points

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

chrome...chromebook...aaaaaa

but on my chromebox with linux installed, I use chromium b'cos not enough storage to install another browser...

generally chrome on mobile too, just prefer something I'm used to

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh