OC3D throws dual award at BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

That Norwegian Guy

"Competition wise, if you're looking for an air cooler there isn't actually much else to put on your shopping list. Granted the [Noctua] D14 performs better but not by much and it is arguably a little louder (yes, we actually said that), and let’s be honest, unless you like natural Aluminium fins and fans the colour of poo and prosthetic limbs then you have to agree the Pro 3 does make the D14 look rather like the Ginger step kid." -TTL

(No I'm not going to put that in a quote box because it looks like shit on the dark theme)

Link

be-quiet!-dark-rock-pro-3-cpu-cooler-cpb

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's like the 2 but with a little bump

It's acctually smaller. (by 3mm) 

I've planned on buying this from the second I found out about it.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Meh, the successor of the NH-D14 will be able to destroy pretty much all air coolers and closed-liquid-coolers.

This one is sexy...  :P

This one is sexy...  :P

True but are you one of those people that cares more about aesthetics than performance?

*sits and waits for the new noctua products that are coming*

But tbh, while on performance it will probably be surpassed by either noctua's D14 update or the new ANC dual heatsink bequiet will appeal more to the looks & performance(+silence) market, where as noctua will retain dominance in the sheer performance(+silence) market.

Meh, the successor of the NH-D14 will be able to destroy pretty much all air coolers and closed-liquid-coolers.

Seeing as your came from the future with a post like that, care to give us some lotto numbers and the dates their played.?

:)

Cooler does look good, have been looking for a good reason to get rid of my VERY silver Hyper212 (1.0 version 5 years ago with gappy heatpipes on the base)

Looks the part, performs the part, sexy and it knows it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Seeing as your came from the future with a post like that, care to give us some lotto numbers and the dates their played.?

:)

Cooler does look good, have been looking for a good reason to get rid of my VERY silver Hyper212 (1.0 version 5 years ago with gappy heatpipes on the base)

Looks the part, performs the part, sexy and it knows it.

The only reason why I said that is because the PR of Noctua said in this interview that they delayed the successor of the NH-D14 because they wanted to squeeze out more performance from the cooler before releasing it and now they finally did all the improvemetns they wanted. Here's the link to the interview.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/interview/jakob-dellinger/1

The only reason why I said that is because the PR of Noctua said in this interview that they delayed the successor of the NH-D14 because they wanted to squeeze out more performance from the cooler before releasing it and now they finally did all the improvemetns they wanted. Here's the link to the interview.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/interview/jakob-dellinger/1

Cheers bloke.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think I can live with my CPU being 0.5 degrees warmer so that my PC can not look like crap. I'll take BeQuiet or Phanteks over Noctua any day

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

"(...) unless you like natural Aluminium fins and fans the colour of poo and prosthetic limbs then you have to agree the Pro 3 does make the D14 look rather like the Ginger step kid." -TTL

Omg best quote ever!

And it will make you breakfast and take your virginity too right? Derp.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Am I the only one here who is annoyed that you need the fan direction to be vertical to get the BeQuiet logo straight? If only they could have rotated the logo 90 degrees clockwise and I'd genuinely have no complaints about this whatsoever.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I know someone who bought this cooler and he told me that it's a pain in the ass to install because the mounting mechanism is not that great. 

144Hz goodness

I know someone who bought this cooler and he told me that it's a pain in the ass to install because the mounting mechanism is not that great. 

from someone who's location is "land of the noctua", i call fanboyism on this

True but are you one of those people that cares more about aesthetics than performance?

I think performance is the way to go mostly, I have a lot of respect to Noctua but they are... so... freaking... ugly. My system was a $3.5k set up two years ago so you could say that I love aesthetics so much that I'd pay whatever takes me to a pleasant sight of my PC.

Out of curiosity, is there something wrong with us aesthetic lovers wanting our systems to look gorgeousss?  :wub:

With that being said I'd use Noctua in a silent case with no window, Noctua's really good I'll admit that but BeQuiet! is also high quality .  :)

It annoys me that the Be Quiet logo (white) is written the opposite way I'd orientate the cooler in my PC.

It annoys me that the Be Quiet logo (white) is written the opposite way I'd orientate the cooler in my PC.

Am I the only one here who is annoyed that you need the fan direction to be vertical to get the BeQuiet logo straight? If only they could have rotated the logo 90 degrees clockwise and I'd genuinely have no complaints about this whatsoever.

Agree with this, it was the first thing I expected them to change over the Pro 2. However, I'm kind of glad they didn't, because vertical is the optimal position in my BitFenix Survivor :)

I think I can live with my CPU being 0.5 degrees warmer so that my PC can not look like crap. I'll take BeQuiet or Phanteks over Noctua any day

Not even talking 0.5, we're talking 0.3~0.4 when idle and 0.2~0.1 when load on overclock.

Pffft, take your vaporware out of here, we'll see when it gets here. I guarantee you have way too high expectations of Noctua's new stuff. "Taking their time to squeeze out extra performance" likely refers to 0.00002 microns of heat or 1 db of noise. And the BeQuiet! will still be quieter, cheaper and better looking...

People get so defensive over Noctua. Guess what, not everyone will sacrifice looks 120% for an unnoticeable smidge of performance.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Agree with this, it was the first thing I expected them to change over the Pro 2. However, I'm kind of glad they didn't, because vertical is the optimal position in my BitFenix Survivor :)

Not even talking 0.5, we're talking 0.3~0.4 when idle and 0.2~0.1 when load on overclock.

Pffft, take your vaporware out of here, we'll see when it gets here. I guarantee you have way too high expectations of Noctua's new stuff. "Taking their time to squeeze out extra performance" likely refers to 0.00002 microns of heat or 1 db of noise. And the BeQuiet! will still be quieter, cheaper and better looking...

People get so defensive over Noctua. Guess what, not everyone will sacrifice looks 120% for an unnoticeable smidge of performance.

I like the way Noctua fans look, everything else in my PC is black.

I bought this as a back-up cooler and had to exchange it for NH-D14 - both my 2010 patriot and current avexir ramms don't fit under the dark rock, mounting is terrible compared to noctua (even without ramms it actually is impossible to tighten the screws on Asus VI Formula - so beware LGA1150 users with any higher-end mobo with VRMs rads) so I am not happy with it. It does look and feel amazing in comaprison to Noctua though. Shame it didn't deliver.

I bought this as a back-up cooler and had to exchange it for NH-D14 - both my 2010 patriot and current avexir ramms don't fit under the dark rock, mounting is terrible compared to noctua (even without ramms it actually is impossible to tighten the screws on Asus VI Formula - so beware LGA1150 users with any higher-end mobo with VRMs rads) so I am not happy with it. It does look and feel amazing in comaprison to Noctua though. Shame it didn't deliver.

:(

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

... unless you like natural Aluminium fins and fans the colour of poo and prosthetic limbs then you have to agree the Pro 3 does make the D14 look rather like the Ginger step kid.

eec.jpg

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

You should have known going into it that you needed low profile ram. Also, you can take off the backplate of the formula to get it on. Yeah the backplate bends a tiny bit but it still works. There's someone over on the rog forum who posted a picture. Someone else over there chimed in saying they run the same setup. I'm linus's video he puts a dark rock pro 2 on a sabertooth z87 just fine and I believe that has the same mounting bracket as the dark rock pro 3.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive.