ASUS 20th Anniversary Gold Edition GTX 980 Ti: Should i upgrade?

Grimbarian

Hi All,

First post here, after all the 3000 series hype i've been considering upgrading my GPU & CPU, currently using the Asus Gold Edition 980ti with a i5-4690K.

Was looking to upgrade to the 3070 (when i can get hold of one) and a new Ryzen 3.

Never sold parts before and have no idea on the value on a limited edition card like this, it appears to outspec the 'reference 980ti' on the ASUS site but have no idea how well that translates onto the second hand market or if it's even noteworthy this many years down the line.

Any thoughts or feedback on the upgrade or how valuing my existing card would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, thebosserman34 said:

980ti is about equal to a 1660 super and is worth around about 120-150 

Ah thats good to know thanks, does the rarity of the card add any value at all? The asus site claims it performs 20% - 22% faster than the reference 980ti is this common place for certain 980ti's or could it increase its price or is it just going to help sell it faster?

Thanks again.

I don't really think that your limited edition card is old enough to have any collector value. I would just try to sell at market price for any used 980ti.

1 minute ago, Konrad_K said:

I don't really think that your limited edition card is old enough to have any collector value. I would just try to sell at market price for any used 980ti.

Thanks good to know, was pretty happy with thebossmans price estimate anyway as these 3000 cards are cheaper than i expected so not too worried about that if i opt for the 3070. Thanks for the info.