Checking bios on mobo without turning it on?

As title says, is there any way to check which bios my mobo has without building a machine out of it? Is there something in the box that tells me which bios is currently on the board?

7 minutes ago, FurionMoneygrabber said:

As title says, is there any way to check which bios my mobo has without building a machine out of it? Is there something in the box that tells me which bios is currently on the board?

There is no way of knowing without posting the board at least to the bios. 

13 minutes ago, FurionMoneygrabber said:

Unfortunately there is not.

If you are wanting to buy an older chipset and don't know for sure if the CPU is supported (i.e. a Ryzen 3000 CPU on a B450 board), just check the box of the motherboard to see if the CPU is supported.

Example:

amd%20ryzen%203000%20desktop%20ready.png

(Intel has this on some chipsets too, where they added more CPU's on the socket later like Intel 9th gen)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Some AM4 motherboards have a "Ryzen 3000 Ready" or "Ryzen 2000 Ready" label on the box, which can help narrow it down, but finding the exact revision is probably not possible.

It was mostly a 5000 series for my B550, since I read that some of them are already compatible.

4 minutes ago, FurionMoneygrabber said:

It was mostly a 5000 series for my B550, since I read that some of them are already compatible.

Agesa 1.0.8.0 (available now) and 1.1.0.0 will be available on the 5th with the cpu release. Recommended to install the newer bios version at release time anyways.