Nvidia Will Temporarily Stop Selling 3080/3090's on Their Online Store

Random_Person1234

Nvidia will temporarily stop selling 3080/3090 FE's on their online store. They will still be sold in the US on Best Buy.

We have heard your feedback regarding the NVIDIA online store and are working to improve the experience.

In the meantime, we will be selling our GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition through other partners. In the US, you can shop for Founders Edition at Best Buy - GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 . In Europe, we continue to review Founders Edition fulfillment options.

I guess they're at least doing something to combat the bots.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/402196/nvidia-store-update-geforce-rtx-3080-and-rtx-3090-/

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

👀

I was typing it and accidentally posted it somehow

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

Can someone explain more about the bots? How can bots buy anything to make out of stock? Since when can bots have creditcards and legit addresses?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, CTR640 said:

Can someone explain more about the bots? How can bots buy anything to make out of stock? Since when can bots have creditcards and legit addresses?

you put your credit card and address/addresses in the setup

People can't scalp your product if you don't sell your products in the first place.

highresrollsafe.jpg

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

best buy is the worst store so i hate this.

They honored my 5 year warranty on my tv and replaced it with a new one after 4 years. Said the replacement doesn't qualify for the 5 year warranty again. But the guy at the register didnt know that so I tacked on another 5 year warranty onto the replacement. :) . so im good with them lol

It just dawned on me that the Nvidia forum post says that 3080/3090 FE's won't be available in Europe temporarily. Not even from a third party.

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

The "bots" here are automated tools that just do the equivalent of clicking the "buy" button for you -- its still real payment information being used. The reason bots are used is because they can react to an item going up for sale or going back in stock almost instantly, and certainly much faster than a human could.

In some cases, these bots simply emulate the mouse and keyboard input, but in many cases you can actually bypass an online storefront's GUI entirely and directly send a network request that would have been generated if a buy button was clicked -- bypassing a lot of code and potentially buying an item before it even is listed.

In either case, the bot can sometimes complete dozens of purchases before you have even refreshed your webpage.

--------------------------------------------

Personally, I wouldn't mind, except that these bots are used to get items in very high demand to then turn around and re-sell them at a massive markup. It deprives actual individual customers from buying an item at MSRP, and for huge market segments of limited stock items like designer sneakers or concert tickets, these bots are buying up the entire supply -- meaning the only way a true customer can get the product is from these "scalpers".

These bots are essentially allowing a middleman to insert themselves between you and the merchant, extracting extra money without contributing anything in return.

--------------------------------------------

There are two ways to fix it: increase supply, or make botting ineffective.

The first is the best and most foolproof option because it is solving the underlying economics. If enough product is available, then people can ignore the re-sold items and the botters are stuck with inventory they cannot profit on. Eventually, the lack of income forces botters out of the market. Of course, increasing supply is not an instantaneous option. Thus, in the meantime, there is option 2:

Botting can be made much harder, to the point of being effectively impossible. The problem is that for every bot you can turn away, a merchant must make it more tedious to buy the item. Its therefore a tradeoff of making it reasonably easy enough to purchase an item, but not so easy that anyone with decent technical knowledge can just code up a bot for your site in an afternoon.

The tools used to deter botting include CAPTCHAs, order limits, API obfuscation or tokenizing (to force going through the site itself), and ID verification. There can also be more complex behavior analysis, where the website captures things like mouse movements right before and after a purchase is made and then uses some heuristic to decide if the purchase was made by a human. All of these options are actually available as off-the-shelf tools, though large merchants develop their own to make it harder for a potential bot to discover the "right" behavior.

Nvidia is likely pausing their storefront to implement one or two of these options.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

"Things are looking good!"

(I maybe really end up buying an AMD card at this rate 

Spoiler

if they only didn't kill ATi...

)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

The only thing about it is that damn cooler. 

Silent with massive cooling. Didn't even need triple fans. AIBs what are you waiting for? Nvidia has already done the research.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

6 hours ago, Qub3d said:

There are two ways to fix it: increase supply, or make botting ineffective.

There are three ways - you forgot about adjusting the price.

Although there are indeed two: making bots ineffective will only make scalping less efficient, but it doesn't remove it. As long as you try to enforce a price for which there is excess demand, there will be scalping.

The only way to control a price on Nvidia's side is to adjust supply to the point were the market equilibrium price matches the target price. If they can't / don't actually want to alter supply, then the price will be entirely determined by demand, and all they are doing is allocating the inevitable rents generated by "MSRP" sales.

Are AMD GPU worth buying...I have 2070rtx but should i in future give Amd a try

7 hours ago, Random_Person1234 said:

It just dawned on me that the Nvidia forum post says that 3080/3090 FE's won't be available in Europe temporarily. Not even from a third party.

That's because it never was, it was Nvidia online store only for Europe so they have to find someone to do it.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

That's because it never was, it was Nvidia online store only for Europe so they have to find someone to do it.

Same thing in the U.S. except that they’re now selling them through Best Buy. By saying “not even from a third party” I meant that Nvidia currently doesn’t have a  seller in Europe that will replace them while they fix their store.

14 minutes ago, KingRfg said:

Are AMD GPU worth buying...I have 2070rtx but should i in future give Amd a try

Depends on how good Big Navi is and if it has driver issues like before. 

1 minute ago, Random_Person1234 said:

Depends on how good Big Navi is and if it has driver issues like before. 

Alright ill look to that mate ...Thx

what stopping? they still haven't released the damn card worldwide at all, it's not even released in India its like 11th of Oct, the card released last month 16th

in India it still shows this fucking thing 

image.png.c85223c1182de8a7ff61382e1e282f4c.png

even MSI India is scalping their own cards on Amazon India 

https://www.amazon.in/MSI-GeForce-3080-10G-320-bit/dp/B08HM4V2DH/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2IZ0AW0G85LO3&dchild=1&keywords=rtx+3080&qid=1602405262&sprefix=rtx+30%2Caps%2C297&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.in/MSI-GeForce-3080-3X-10G/dp/B08HM4M621/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2IZ0AW0G85LO3&dchild=1&keywords=rtx+3080&qid=1602405262&sprefix=rtx+30%2Caps%2C297&sr=8-1

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

2 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

what stopping? they still haven't released the damn card worldwide at all, it's not even released in India its like 11th of Oct, the card released last month 16th

in India it still shows this fucking thing 

image.png.c85223c1182de8a7ff61382e1e282f4c.png

Pentium III déjà vu all over again. Took around a year for the 1000MHz to come into legitimate supply.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

18 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

They were never for sale in Britain, as far as I'm concerned. 

Overclockers, ebuyer and scan all had a few if I remember correctly.