How to turn off RGB lighting on my RAM when computer is off/asleep?

It's annoying that the only thing that is still lit up on my setup are my RGB RAM sticks when my computer is asleep or shutdown. It would make more sense that when you put your computer to sleep or shut it down that it would also turn off the RGB lighting on the memory as well. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM.

When your PC is asleep, the OS is still loaded to RAM. This means that the RAM is being powered, and thus, you can't turn RGB off.

You can use Hibernation instead, where the OS is being saved to the disk drive, not to RAM. It'll take a while longer to resume work, but I assume that RAM is unpowered when hibernating.

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

In iCue, go into settings and in device settings, turn on Enable full software control. This will make it so that the ram LED lights turn off when your computer goes into sleep without needing to turn down the brightness.

Note: You might need to update the RAM firmware and delete all lightning effect then reconfigure it again then turn on Enable full software control once again.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

Just now, Ya_Mi said:

In iCue, go into settings and in device settings, turn on Enable full software control. This will make it so that the ram LED lights turn off when your computer goes into sleep without needing to turn down the brightness.

Note: You might need to update the RAM firmware and delete all lightning effect then reconfigure it again then turn on Enable full software control once again.

Didn't know iCUE checked for the PC going to sleep, TIL

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090