What graphics card should I use with an eGPU enclosure?

Anz

I have found recently that I prefer having 1 device to do everything instead of a laptop for school work and a separate desktop for things like gaming. I want to get an eGPU box like a Razer Core but I'm not sure what GPU would work best with my current laptop. For reference, I have a Dell Precision 5530 which comes with an intel i7-8850H and is essentially an enterprise version of the XPS 15. I haven't been able to find anything online for this (I'm assuming because this is not exactly a popular use case). I want to get a 30 series (when they actually are in stock again) but I don't know if there would be too much of a CPU bottleneck. Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated. 

you CPU should be fine though Egpu tend to loose ~20% performence

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

23 minutes ago, Anz said:

I have found recently that I prefer having 1 device to do everything instead of a laptop for school work and a separate desktop for things like gaming. I want to get an eGPU box like a Razer Core but I'm not sure what GPU would work best with my current laptop. For reference, I have a Dell Precision 5530 which comes with an intel i7-8850H and is essentially an enterprise version of the XPS 15. I haven't been able to find anything online for this (I'm assuming because this is not exactly a popular use case). I want to get a 30 series (when they actually are in stock again) but I don't know if there would be too much of a CPU bottleneck. Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated. 

Depends on the games and the resolution you want to play at. I would recommend a RTX 3060, once available. I would not go above a 3060 with that laptop cpu. Depending on the games you play, something like a GTX 1650 or 1660 might be enough already.