Bad ram slot what can I do

zdemigod
Go to solution Solved by RussianSalad,

Have you tried reseating the CPU? Check if there are any bent pins or misaligned pads that might inhibit the contact between your CPU pins/pads and your motherboard socket. More often than not the machine will still post but you will have issues such as dead memory channels or missing PCIe lanes.

Hello everyone, this is part three of my very unpopular bad ram series. on this episode I want to talk about what can I do now that I finally nailed down the issue. Part two can be seen on this post 

TLDR: Second ram slot is bad, my ram is fine. It might not be the slot itself but at least its the fact i have 2 installed ram that is causing the issues. So I have to ask if there is anything I can do other than replace the motherboard or just permanently be stuck running with single channel ram. Also can there be other things that might lead to dual channel being faulty? is it fixable in some way? any information would be greatly appreciated.  

Have you tried reseating the CPU? Check if there are any bent pins or misaligned pads that might inhibit the contact between your CPU pins/pads and your motherboard socket. More often than not the machine will still post but you will have issues such as dead memory channels or missing PCIe lanes.

Main system: Ryzen 5 1600 | ASRock A320M | 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM | GTX 1060 | 1TB WD BLUE

Server: AMD A6-7400K@4.3Ghz | 8GB 1866 DDR3 RAM | 2TB total storage

On the go: Thinkpad E440 | i5 4200M | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | 500GB HDD

19 minutes ago, zdemigod said:

Hello everyone, this is part three of my very unpopular bad ram series. on this episode I want to talk about what can I do now that I finally nailed down the issue. Part two can be seen on this post 

TLDR: Second ram slot is bad, my ram is fine. It might not be the slot itself but at least its the fact i have 2 installed ram that is causing the issues. So I have to ask if there is anything I can do other than replace the motherboard or just permanently be stuck running with single channel ram. Also can there be other things that might lead to dual channel being faulty? is it fixable in some way? any information would be greatly appreciated.  

Like the best you can do is if your motherboard is still in warranty, ask the motherboard manufacturer, 

YES, I RUN RAID 1 OVER RAID 0

REMEBER TO QUOTE 😜 

3 minutes ago, RussianSalad said:

I really did not want to re apply thermal paste and stuff but I guess its worth a try. Other than that my only options is to replace I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Yea, i use windows, W said:

Like the best you can do is if your motherboard is still in warranty, ask the motherboard manufacturer, 

RMA is not an option for me (part of a dummy country) I will replace the motherboard if there is nothing I can do on my side. 

5 minutes ago, zdemigod said:

RMA is not an option for me (part of a dummy country) I will replace the motherboard if there is nothing I can do on my side. 

Damn...... Ask from a local electrician, or a person who works in this, and where do you live?

YES, I RUN RAID 1 OVER RAID 0

REMEBER TO QUOTE 😜 

14 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Finnicky memory channels are nearly always a sign of a not-quite-seated CPU. I'd definitely give that a try.

Yea ill give it a try later today, I sadly cut myself (the dark rock 4 pro is dangerous man xD) so I will leave it for later.