My idea to reduce thread dumping

pythonmegapixel

My theory is that lots of people who just stick their threads in General would be perfectly happy with them being in the correct forum, but they can't find them. So, how about a system which searches posts for common keywords relating to dumped threads, and puts a little dropdown on the page asking if it would fit better in an alternative category? If the user clicks "Yes" their post is automatically moved to the relevant category. Simple, easy to understand, and doesn't cause any issues for more experienced forum users

Look, I even made a nice little mockup for you, aren't I nice :)

image.thumb.png.eddc5dda0ced947e44a26bb524f31684.png

Now this may be impossible on IPS, but otherwise, I'd really like to see it implemented.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

maybe we can blacklist all caps HELP and URGENT as well

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'm firmly in the belief that it's not that they can't find the proper place to put it, they're simply lazy. Though this would be a fix for that as well to a degree.

It's not hard to move a scroll wheel down.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

My idea would be to have splash screen instead of first subforum being general. Thats why there are so much dumped, since thats the first thing they see.

Now, what is weird that I thought most people would be familiar with Reddit, but seems like most come from social media and YT being the only things you need to write something to express yourself. As what I've understood, reddit moderation is much more aggressive when it comes to posting to wrong sub or missing something in guidelines.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I had been thinking of something broadly along those lines as an option, as well some sort of splash screen, but neither are super straight forward to implement and both would require considerable attention on the UX (that is, work to make it not just annoying). Hopefully something like this will happen at some point, but it's not on the immediate roadmap.

HTTP/2 203