Three times the charm - New AMD CPU announcement + big Navi Teaser

williamcll

I don't know about the price hikes. On one hand, it's pretty sharp. They better have the 5700X, 120 dollars hike for 8 core is crazy. It's only a 50 dollars price hike for the x900X and x600X. On another hand, we don't know nothing about its performance, there's no third-party benchmarks yet. Using the first-party data, someone should try running the numbers and see whether or not the price/performance is still on par with Zen 2. Since they're best-case scenario, we could easily rule out if it's worse price/performance compared to Ryzen 3000.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

well looks like the cycle will repeat again

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

3 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I find it disgusting how many people here are crying about price and you can see in their signatures that they have Zen 2 chips. You being too poor to upgrade every gen doesn't mean prices are too high.

Prices are completely fine.

God forbid consumers use their brain to do cost benefit analysis. They barely beat intel and are at a higher price now. Intel already has cost cuts from being on market longer. 

16 minutes ago, porina said:

Where's the 5700X though? I'm not after a $450 8 core CPU.

Another way of squeezing more money from early adopters. Nobody bought the 3800X as it was $70 more (at MSRP) than the 3700X with a negligible performance uplift. This time by only releasing the 5800X they get the benefit of it seeming like there's only a $50 price hike over the previous generation, when in actuality it's a $120 price hike vs the sensible sku people actually bought. It's pure deception.

I'd expect to see the 5700X arrive eventually, but not for a while. Wait for the early adopters to pay sweet $, then release it later as a better value chip to rake in even more.

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

2 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

"Performance crown" doesn't matter as much to me when the last generation will have almost 0 difference in gaming outside of 1080p. The biggest thing for AMD will be OEM integration as all the tech reviewers shove the 5950x into their "ultimate gaming pc" circle jerk setups. 

You mean YouTube integration? I don't see OEMs adopting this that quickly. Intel has held that market for a very, very long time and the OEMs get significant discounts on CPUs. I get the feeling even if they wanted, AMD wouldn't be able to supply the demand needed in that space. I find it kind of funny they show their flagship CPU at 1080p? If someone's dropping that much on a CPU, unless they're a "pro gamer", surely they'd have a higher resolution monitor than that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, rcmaehl said:

It's the same price as before plus $50. I'm amazed anyone has an issue with this increase for a significantly better CPU

AMD was always price/performance.  If they’re abandoning that there are going to be complaints.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, TOMPPIX said:

In the USA it's gonna be more in Europe.

wdym? 3rd gen series ryzen had a similar price to the US in the UK.

2 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

In the USA it's gonna be more in Europe.

Not to mention Australia. Stuff costs way more by the time it gets here.

Ryzen 9 5900X should be a significant uplift vs my current 5820K.

Seeing funny people again complaining about price. AMD is in fact NOT a charity. When Intel drops top of the line gaming CPU everyone would throw 1500€ this moment. But when AMD does that, everyone goes like "um oh can we get that for 300€"? Like come on, it's still cheaper and if claims are true, price hike is justifiable.

Intel PLEASE drop another core 2 bomb, i beg you.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Anyone else realize that in one or two generations AMD's CPUs, GPUs, and Chipset names could finally match?
You could easily make a system running a Ryzen 5700X, on X570, with a RX 5700X GPU. But the GPU will be a generation off.

Maybe the Radeon 6000 series will last long enough for Ryzen 6000 series, and X670 chipsets.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

AMD was always price/performance.  If they’re abandoning that there are going to be complaints.

Yeah I'm a bit wary of the pricing... they're gonna have to be more competitive on pricing if they want me to switch from Intel in the future.

Well, I was planning on a 3900x, now I'm leaning towards 5800x...need those sweet sweet benchmarks to come out.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

Everyone complaining about the higher price, but I don't see anyone whining when Intel does it.

Literally everyone complains about Intel's pricing. Have you been living under a rock?

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

1 minute ago, DeScruff said:

Anyone else realize that in one or two generations AMD's CPUs, GPUs, and Chipset names could finally match?
You could easily make a system running a Ryzen 5700X, on X570, with a RX 5700X GPU. But the GPU will be a generation off.

Maybe the Radeon 6000 series will last long enough for Ryzen 6000 series, and X670 chipsets.

Someone will build and review one I suspect

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

GN already has a video out lol

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

3 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

wdym? 3rd gen series ryzen had a similar price to the US in the UK.

Well I'll be dammed, it's actually cheaper here in Europe. Looks like I was wrong. 😅

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

but I don't see anyone whining when Intel does it.

Intel's been doing it for a while they are known for that. We all expect it.

The problem here is that intel's value is in many ways better. $379 for a 10700K at MSRP I believe

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You mean YouTube integration? I don't see OEMs adopting this that quickly. Intel has held that market for a very, very long time and the OEMs get significant discounts on CPUs. I get the feeling even if they wanted, AMD wouldn't be able to supply the demand needed in that space. I find it kind of funny they show their flagship CPU at 1080p? If someone's dropping that much on a CPU, unless they're a "pro gamer", surely they'd have a higher resolution monitor than that.

The way I see it right now, the type of person that buys an OEM computer generally knows that the "i9" is fastest for gaming. Once all the tech reviewers start putting the 5950x in their inevitable "fastest gaming PC" builds it will start to shift consumer demand to favor ryzen on a more mainstream level. Its like how laptop manufacturers are starting to build decent quality laptops with ryzen 4000 cpus after the demand was so high for them. 

5 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

It's the same price as before plus $50. I'm amazed anyone has an issue with this increase for a significantly better CPU

the thing is tho.. 3700x launch 320-330 price. 8 core. 5800x also 8 core but 450 bucks........ i would have bought the 8 core 5800x if it was 300-370 but it aint. a mobo plus cpu combo with a new 8 core would cost you 700 bucks. SEVEN HUNDRED BUCKS. thats high

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

1 minute ago, tim0901 said:
2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Everyone complaining about the higher price, but I don't see anyone whining when Intel does it.

Literally everyone complains about Intel's pricing. Have you been living under a rock?

To add to this.... there was a lot of complaints when Intel nerfed hyperthreading on everything but i9 series a few years ago.  People definitely call Intel out for their crap.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Steve from Gamers Nexus released a video recapping the announcement and mentioned that AMD will now start competing on performance rather than price.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Just now, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

Intel's been doing it for a while they are known for that. We all expect it.

The problem here is that intel's value is in many ways better. $379 for a 10700K I believe

Yeah, but we'll have to see the 5700X and 5700 before we actually start comparing the value proposition of each cpu.

2 minutes ago, kewtz said:

Well, I was planning on a 3900x, now I'm leaning towards 5800x...need those sweet sweet benchmarks to come out.

Yeah, my plan was to either get a 3900X or a 5900X. Not sure which way to go at the moment. I definitely want to see what the local pricing is going to be.