Are Gainward Graphics cards any Good?

NothingsPro

So i've RMA'd my rx 570 graphics card and the store i bought it from told me that they cant replace it since they have no stock,they offered me an upgrade for +$30 to a Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060 6GB card, now i've personally never heard of that brand,now i have 2 options

A.Take the upgrade and pay $30 for a 1060 6gb

B.Wait for the rx570 to come back on stock (god knows how long i've been waiting for the rma for 3 weeks)

I've seen benchmarks on the rx570 vs the gtx 1060 6gb and the rx 570 4gb seems to be winning lol, i honestly wished they'd offer me a 1650 super but oh well

dont you have option to get money back?

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

++i RMA'd my card due to it overheating 85 degs+ under load and it went artifacting cus i didnt know 85 degs is not nornal lol, i just want a cool card that performs similar to the rx 570

A rx570 8gb and gtx 1060 6gb go head to head plus or minus a couple frames depending on the game. With that it mind it's not an upgrade. But, it's up to you to decide if paying 30$ is worth it.  For me I'd ask to get store credit and use it to get the card you want. But a 1650 s isn't better. 

If they called the 1060 an upgrade. You might be able to pull up some benchmarks on yt to so that it is not and see they drop the price and just replace the card

I also couldn't get my money back when I did this but the store gave me a better card for free. Shocked they would ask you to pay them $30 extra.

1 minute ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I also couldn't get my money back when I did this but the store gave me a better card for free. Shocked they would ask you to pay them $30 extra.

Probably some sale's rep trying to get some commission of a sale is my guess. 

Thanks,i've sent some benchmarks through their gmail hope they read it tommorow. Also if i do get the 1060 is gainward a good brand?

What exact model are they offer?

Gainward cards are usually the same as Palit apart from shroud design. If It's Phoenix model - take it! If It's not phoenix - it should be the same as Palit Dual. Not the greatest, but for 1060 should be fine. 

1 hour ago, NothingsPro said:

Its the phoenix model

The cooling on phoenix and palit jetstream is above average. It can work under 80 without being loud. There are plenty of old reviews, and palit/gainward is a popular choice for low and mid range cards. I am not sure if It's worth paying extra 35, if you can negotiate for less - i'd say it's a fine replacement. 

Pog thanks guys i just got a full refund lol, i just bought an evga 1650 super for like $50 more,i was almost ready to just give in and take the 1060

1 hour ago, NothingsPro said:

Pog thanks guys i just got a full refund lol, i just bought an evga 1650 super for like $50 more,i was almost ready to just give in and take the 1060

I think 1060 is better card in most games. At least quick glance at benchmarks says so..