And The Cloning Didn't Work

I tried to clone my os and drive (120gb ssd) to a new 480gb ssd, and this happened, which kind of ruins the whole reason why I needed to switch in the first place. I used Macrium Reflect does anyone know how to fix this? :(

Edit: So I went with someones advice and tried what he said, and after a reboot im running into this problem where I cant delete this health primary partition. Do yall know how to fix this?

Disk Management 10_7_2020 7_54_27 PM.png

Settings 10_7_2020 8_01_43 PM.png

Disk Management 10_7_2020 8_46_27 PM.png

please be precise, what's the problem?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

please be precise, what's the problem?

So I needed to get a bigger ssd because the one that had my os on it filled right up, and it was interfering in windows updates, so I bought a 480 gb ssd, and I tried to clone the disk to the new one. It seems like it worked, but the os isnt using the whole ssd I guess, so the 480gb ssd is showing up as 2 drives, one with the cloned os, and one thats just free space. This undermines the entire reason I got a new one as windows still says Im low on storage and I cant then update. 

I see you clone only the system reserve partition, not the whole disk.

you need to clone the whole disk not just the first partition.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

This is why you don't clone drives lol

Just reinstall...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

This is why you don't clone drives lol

Just reinstall...

that's why cloning drive exist, if done properly you would save a ton of time reinstalling all the program.

You can extend the C drive from where you are, but you'll need to use other software to do it. First put GParted Live on a USB drive, boot into that drive, then you'll be able to delete the D partition you made, move the recovery partition to the end of the disk, and extend the C partition to fill the drive.

Other softwares are available, but I'm fairly sure they won't be free like GParted.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Right click and delete the empty space volume, and then right click the main partition, and hit extend volume. Follow the wizard, and bingo!

EDIT: This is done using the included windows "Disk Management" program you are already using in screenshots.

6 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

that's why cloning drive exist, if done properly you would save a ton of time reinstalling all the program.

Except most of the time it doesn't work, and you'll waste your time cloning the drives. It's stupid and nobody should do it.

Plus, if someone's computer is so clogged with shit they can't just copy important files to a USB or cloud storage, it's time for a clean install anyway...

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, TheInfinityBacon said:

Right click and delete the empty space volume, and then right click the main partition, and hit extend volume. Follow the wizard, and bingo!

EDIT: This is done using the included windows "Disk Management" program you are already using in screenshots.

You can't extend the main partition with Disk Management in that state. Disk management will only allow you to extend partitions if there's unallocated space to the right, and the recovery partition is blocking the main partition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

5 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

You can't extend the main partition with Disk Management in that state. Disk management will only allow you to extend partitions if there's unallocated space to the right, and the recovery partition is blocking the main partition.

Yeah I tried to do what he said and restarted and now im getting the bootmgr error

and the 480gb ssd isnt showing up in disk manager anymore so that adivce mightve been bad :)

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Except most of the time it doesn't work, and you'll waste your time cloning the drives. It's stupid and nobody should do it.

Plus, if someone's computer is so clogged with shit they can't just copy important files to a USB or cloud storage, it's time for a clean install anyway...

There's plenty of legitimate uses for disk cloning, consider someone with lots of games and a data cap, and if done properly it will work fine. I cloned my drive when upgrading to an SSD and didn't hit problems like this. The issue is very few guides describe the pitfalls like this one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Laptop:

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

There's plenty of legitimate uses for disk cloning, consider someone with lots of games and a data cap, and if done properly it will work fine. I cloned my drive when upgrading to an SSD and didn't hit problems like this. The issue is very few guides describe the pitfalls like this one.

Fair, maybe hard drive to hard drive it's fine, but afaik with SSDs it's a really bad idea, especially ones of varying capacities.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

ok guys i fixed the partition thing, how should I clone the disk in a way that it wont do that again?

Just now, LWM723 said:

Do a drive clone not partition clone.

here ill send you screenshots so you can walk me through it. Im using Macrium Reflect

1 minute ago, LWM723 said:

Do a drive clone not partition clone.

Macrium Reflect - Free Edition for both home and commercial use - v7.2.5107 10_7_2020 9_00_12 PM.png

I use Easeus todo backup free, I'm not sure how Macrium functions. Sorry

Ok so this is exactly what I did last time. Is there anything im doing wrong here?

Macrium Reflect - Free Edition for both home and commercial use - v7.2.5107 10_7_2020 9_04_26 PM.png

1 minute ago, LWM723 said:

I use Easeus todo backup free, I'm not sure how Macrium functions. Sorry

dude I tried that but whenever I get to the proceed button it tells me to upgrade and then doesnt let me clone the drive. It sucks because I used easeus last time when i moved my os from my hd to my older ssd. Now it doesnt want to work unless I pay. Im also using the demo version so idk what the problem is :/

I've been using an older version. It must be with the new version. Try ro find an older version.