Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where to buy Barebone TKL board cherry mx

One of my mechanical keyboards has died and I want to reuse the keys. I'm honestly just looking for the cheapest board to slap these keys on. What do you guys recomend for under under $70 cad(Leds isnt required but would be nice if I can reuse the ones on my old board)?

GMMK, but what keycaps are these that makes you want to reuse them so bad?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

GMMK, but what keycaps are these that makes you want to reuse them so bad?

Cherry mx blues. I mainly wanna just mess around with diy keyboards

7 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Cherry mx blues. I mainly wanna just mess around with diy keyboards

Oh, you mean switches.

MX Blue might be fine until you try basically anything else...I still suggest a GMMK or a GK61 (or similar), but also to throw in some Kailh BOX Whites.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

I have the gmmk and it's a great board.  It accept plate mounted switches and has led included in the pcb so no need to reuse the led from your old board. All in all I like it a lot. 

I also have kailh box white and those are awesome ... they make me like clicky switches ... I can't stand the blue switches but those box white are just so nice ... they sound really good with a set of SA profile keycaps, I tried them with my DSA set and it was not that good sounding. 

I7 4770 non K

Sapphire nitro+ RX 590 SE

16 gig of G.Skill DDR3 at 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24

Asus Z97-A USB 3.0

Corsair HX 850 gold semi-modular PSU

Noctua NH-U12S with a second noctua NF-F12 fan
Antec 302 with stock antec 120mm and 140 mm as exhaust

1x Noctua NF-A12x15 as side exhaust

2x Noctua NF-S12A as intake

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb SSD

Toshiba DT01ADA200 2 Tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache

Logitech G305

GMMK tkl barebones with kailh speed copper and blank pbt dsa profile keycap.