Need Help Picking a PSU Wattage

Server_42
Go to solution Solved by boggy77,

an OC 10900k can pull as much as 300W, and a oc 3080FE close to 400W. the rest of the system won't draw more than 50W, so a minimum would be 750W, but I'd go for 850W in this situation if you want to overclock heavily.

I am looking for a recommendation for how much wattage I need.

Specs:

• Core i9-10900K
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB kit)
  • ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming
  • Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
  • 6 x 140mm PWM Case Fans
  • 3080 FE (waiting for restock)

I am planning to overclock both the CPU and GPU for everyday use. However, I also want to be able to overclock heavily for short periods of time just for scores and adjust variables to see how that affects OCs and scores on both the CPU and GPU (testing).

I am thinking getting a 850 watt or a 1000 watt PSU currently.

Thanks for the help in advance.

an OC 10900k can pull as much as 300W, and a oc 3080FE close to 400W. the rest of the system won't draw more than 50W, so a minimum would be 750W, but I'd go for 850W in this situation if you want to overclock heavily.

Just now, boggy77 said:

Great! Thank you for the break down of wattages too. I will go with an 850W PSU then. I should have, based on your break down, about 100W extra. Thank you for your help.

i would have a 850w or higher, preferably sticking into the 900w+ area.  A coasair rm unit would be nice for this.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler