My laptop CPU is Stuck in 1.20 GHz After upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

R4ZEL

i need help fixing my laptop because i have online class and my laptop is too slow because it only runs on 1.20 Ghz while the base speed is 2.60 Ghz and its turbo boost is 3.30 Ghz

and my laptop is overheating everytime i use it i check the air flow if there is airflow it has and everytime my laptop starts my hard disk percentage is on 99% so i dont know what to i really need your help i already tried changing the battery options making my processor running at 100%

My Specs

cpu: Intel i5 3320m

ram: 8 Gb

Hard drive western digital

CPU SPEED.JPG

Hi R4ZEL

That is a strange problem. As far as the hard drive usage is concerned: During startup your OS loads different data into RAM, so seeing a spike in usage during this time is normal. Especially if you have a spinning disk (as opposed to a SSD) this leads to sluggish behaviour during this time. Your screenshot shows disk usage being in the range of 13% which seems fine to me.

As for the processor I unfortunately don't have an immediate idea about what could have caused it. I'd therefore suggest you check your BIOS settings to see whether some setting seems suspicious with respect to CPU clock speeds.

I hope that helps :)

Best regards,

Kon-Tiki