Windows 10 factory reset stuck a 6%

Nabiix

Been 3 hours still stuck at 6%. Did entire data erase to its like a new computer no past files. I did it because i had files on my pc that i did not need and steam could not make new games folder on different drive and just general files being disorganized. What should i do should i just wait. Or try something.

D89F66E5-6B89-4815-8851-10CBB4831291.jpeg

Get in touch with the manufacturer of your pre-built system, you probably should have tried using their how to guides for enabling a PC reset. Aside from that you could try downloading a Windows 10 image (ISO) from Microsoft and starting a clean install yourself.

Nb. Where is the information about your PC in the post you made (below), should we guess the specs?

13 minutes ago, Nabiix said:

Been 3 hours still stuck at 6%. Did entire data erase to its like a new computer no past files. I did it because i had files on my pc that i did not need and steam could not make new games folder on different drive and just general files being disorganized. What should i do should i just wait. Or try something.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

Just now, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Get in touch with the manufacturer of your pre-built system, you probably should have tried using their how to guides for enabling a PC reset. Aside from that you could try downloading a Windows 10 image (ISO) from Microsoft and starting a clean install yourself.

Nb. Where is the information about your PC in the post you made (below), should we guess the specs?

I7-7700k

2080S

16GB DDR4 3000mhz

TUF z270 mk 2

I dont know why i would contact the manufacturing company. I just go into windows and select pc reset. It should work. Also when i was doing this the first time i go no video output so i turned the pc off using the power supply and switched to onboard video output loading into windows and tried again. Now i got an output but its stuck dont know if this caused it but. I think im just going to wait till morning because a lot of people said that have the same issue that waiting overnight works.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Try to pull plug and see it it restarts.

Otherwise just boot from a installer and do a clean install.

Would doing that wipe all the drives so there nothing left but the new windows i just installed

8 minutes ago, Nabiix said:

Would doing that wipe all the drives so there nothing left but the new windows i just installed

yup, it will wipe all th drives you set it to wipe. Normally only have the boot drive plugged in so there are no weird issues.

7 hours ago, Nabiix said:

(...):I did it because i had files on my pc that i did not need and steam could not make new games folder on different drive and just general files being disorganized. (...)

You know that it's up to you how do you organize your files, right? All you need is filemanager (Explorer for example).

Steam is different problem, but since it's not part of Windows, solving it by reinstalling system is pointless.