Should I sell my 1660 Ti?

fissilecore

The question's in the title. With the RTX 3050 on the horizon perhaps it's better to load out now, when there's demand and buy a card with 30-50% more performance for the same price? 

44 minutes ago, fissilecore said:

The question's in the title. With the RTX 3050 on the horizon perhaps it's better to load out now, when there's demand and buy a card with 30-50% more performance for the same price? 

I would wait with that decision, I have not seen any substantial information on a 3050 card, there have been entries of 3060 and 3060 TI cards, no 3050 as far as I know. If I am honest, most of all I would like to see some low end cards like the 1030 that can do some gaming but more importantly that I can use as a cheap backup option should the RTX card fail. 

I can get a new 1660 for less than 200 at the moment. I'd buy it used for let's say 120 may 130 if it has the original packaging as well. 

What I am trying to say is that you won't get much in return and the difference in performance is something we will have to wait and see. Should the launch a 3050, it may end up not being a lot faster than the 1660 TI, who knows, maybe it will. Haven will tell 🤣