Hyper 212 Evo 140mm Fan Bracket

alyen

After several years from using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo on a FX-8320e I decided to make a 140mm bracket. This design still allows the fan to slide downwards to the motherboard or upwards. It's only compatible if you are not using the memory slot closest to the CPU. Unfortunately the fans I'm using are 27mm thick so I wasn't able to put enough static pressure onto the VRM heat sink as I had hoped to, but still allows more air to pass through underneath lower part beneath the aluminum fins. I never bother to get any temperature readings with the 120mm fan nor was I able to even measure the temperatures for VRM. I was able to push my stable over clock to 4.3 GHz from 4.2.

I uploaded the .stl file to MakerBot Thingiverse.

140mm_Fan_1.thumb.jpg.c8d758a07186b43944141f7fd3406718.jpg

Render.jpg

140mm_Fan_2.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

13 minutes ago, alyen said:

After several years from using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo on a FX-8320e I decided to make a 140mm bracket. This design still allows the fan to slide downwards to the motherboard or upwards. It's only compatible if you are not using the memory slot closest to the CPU. Unfortunately the fans I'm using are 27mm thick so I wasn't able to put enough static pressure onto the VRM heat sink as I had hoped to, but still allows more air to pass through underneath lower part beneath the aluminum fins. I never bother to get any temperature readings with the 120mm fan nor was I able to even measure the temperatures for VRM. I was able to push my stable over clock to 4.3 GHz from 4.2.

I uploaded the .stl file to MakerBot Thingiverse.

Render.jpg

If you can create a duct to actually push all of the air through the fins, it would be much more effective. With this you have a lot of loss, and the center of the fan has very little airflow as its where the motor is. If you can do this, you can likely do that ;)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

26 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

If you can create a duct to actually push all of the air through the fins, it would be much more effective. With this you have a lot of loss, and the center of the fan has very little airflow as its where the motor is. If you can do this, you can likely do that

I thought about doing something like to direct the air so it doesn't escape from the front, upper and lower part, but I wasn't quite sure how far down I could mount the fan. The 2 fans are also at slightly different height as well. After going through so many printing attempt to get things to fit exactly I decide to use some that was good enough. When it comes time to replacing the fan I might try to improve the design.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W