Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

worth sidegrading my 3d rendering pc to only gaming?

Budget (including currency): 0 dollars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi, is it worth sidegrading my 3d rendering pc to only gaming 1950x to 3700x for free?

In 2018 i builded a 3d rendering worsktation for maya and 3ds max, with a Ryzen tr 1950x, 64gb of ram 2400mhz, and rtx2080.

i use a 4k 60hz 75 inch tv without adaptive sinc. I am no longer using it for work and just gaming with it in my mancave. I play red dead redemption 2, horizon zero dawn, assassins  creed odissey, and waiting to play ciberpunk.

I like good visuals (high or ultra) 4k 60hz with 80% scaling to get constant 60hz with vsinc. Dont care about high refresh rate, i dont play competitive games.

My 1% lows are very bad and i get constant stuttering, so i changed the ram to 32gb of ddr4 3200. And  most of of the stuttering is gone.

But i have the option of sidegrading from a 1950x to a 3700x without spending money, just selling my old mobo and cpu. 

And i want to know if it is worth it. just to get stable 60fps for the next great AAA games.

If you're sure you only want to play games on it, than yeah, 100% worth it, especially considering the clock and IPC improvements with the 3700X

if you could sell the TR and get a next gen (5600 or 5700x) that would be preferable, but IDK if you could. the 3700x is bassically the best zen 2 chip for gaming.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:                                                                /\

(was a H1 build, but I cant spend 400$ on a case)                |

DREAM BUILD BIT BY BIT                        |

• Ryzen 5 5600x                                                                         |
  • ROG Strix B550-f GAMING                                                 |
  • 2x8gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200mhz cl6   |
  • Old drives from Grandma -------------------------------------/
  • New Crucial P1 and Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB
  • Whichever 3070 I can get
  • Meshify C with tempered glass
  • 6 Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo
  • Full custom loop water cooling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/HelpfulTechWizard/saved/s8XrD3

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to tell you guys, that i got a deal in a new 3800x, and made the change. 

The experience in assasins creed odissey, and horizon zero dawn change drasticly. The tr1950x had a lot of frametime issues, and i love the smoothness of my build now.

Thanks a lot for the advise.